8 Apps To Save The Environment

8 Apps To Save The Environment

Being eco-friendly has never been easier.

9176
8 Apps To Save The Environment
SciBlogs

In a time where climate change becomes a more pressing issue, we fail to realize that are individual contributions have a huge effect on the bigger picture. These are some apps that you can use to challenge yourself and have fun while saving the planet!

1. Zero Carbon

Zero Carbon track your the amount and length of your daily commutes to notify you of your daily carbon footprint. This app helps people realize their individual impacts on the environment.

2. EcoCharge

This app alerts you when your phone is fully charged so you can take it off the charger. It prevents you from wasting energy on a fully charged phone.

3. GoodGuide

This app allows you to scan products around your home, and it tells you which ones are the most eco-friendly rated. It helps you realize that some items should be swapped out.

4. GreenMeter

Even if you can't reduce your amount of commutes, GreenMeter will help you drive more efficiently. You may not be accelerating properly, and you may not be braking soon enough. This app helps reduce the amount of fuel you emit while driving.

5. Farmstand

This app helps you locate local markets so you can invest in fresh, eco-friendly foods rather than the processed foods from the grocery store.

6. Light Bulb Finder

The name of this app tells you exactly what it does: find light bulbs! Having the incorrect bulbs or ones that take up unnecessary amounts of energy can easily be replaced through suggestions from this app.

7. A Real Tree

This app doesn't actually have a function, but the 99 cents price of it helps raise money to plant trees. It seems odd, but think about all the people with App store credit that they can spend towards this cause.

8. Eco-Dice

This app turns being environmentally-friendly into a fun challenge. Roll the dice on your screen to receive daily tasks including bring your own shopping bag to the store or turn off all the lights in the house before you leave.