Ecclesiastes 3:11

Ecclesiastes 3:11

124
Ecclesiastes 3:11
google images

If you would have told me one year ago that I would have changed this much, I would have laughed in your face. One year ago I thought I knew everything I wanted. What I wanted to study, where I wanted to live, what I wanted to do with my life, and who I wanted in it. But a lot of that has changed.

Who said change is a bad thing? Sure, change can be scary. It can be unnerving. And if you are anything like me, you don't like change. I like having everything planned out. What I'm doing, what I want to do, who I want to do it with, where I want to be..

To me, change is just one part of the trials and tribulations you will go through. A part of the seasons you will go through. And I know, sometimes its so hard and scary to think of your life changing drastically. But it happens. Sometimes you are the one making the change, but sometimes, God is the one making the change instead. Sometimes it is expected. Sometimes it isn't. Sometimes its what you've been praying for, and sometimes its something you never imagined.

It can be school.

It can be a job.

It can be a relationship.

It can be anything.

There are no limits in life. Don't ever settle for something that doesn't make you happy- and just because something makes you happy doesn't mean its the best thing for you. Don't ever settle for mediocracy when God has given you the ability to be great.

I'm sure most of you have heard the quote, "Let go and let God."

Do it. Listen to it. Believe it. He has a plan for you. And it will be SO good. A plan that will come to you at your lowest and raise you higher than you have ever been.

Trust me, its coming. "He has made everything beautiful in its time" Ecclesiastes 3:11. Your time is coming.

So, don't ever settle. Don't be afraid to change. Don't think you have to have your entire life figured out and that it is set in stone. Be the change in your life that you want. If you want to transfer schools, do it. If you want to change majors, go for it! If you want to move away and start over, that can be good for the soul. If you want that job and want to take the unknown risk, do it. It will be worth it. One day you will look back and cringe at the thought of you not taking the risk. Being happy is so important.

But this doesn't mean you have to have regrets either. At some point in your life the things you were doing, the decisions you were making, the people you were with, made you happy. And never regret anything that ever made you happy. But more forward. Allow yourself to let go of the past and to move on with your life. Thank God for the blessings and the lessons and the heartache that have made you who you are today.