Vegan Food at Food and Wine
food

6 Vegan Dishes That Are Waiting At Disney's Food And Wine Festival This Year

You may be able to eat Vegan around the world this year.

59
https://pixabay.com/en/epcot-disney-orlando-theme-park-588036/

It's that time again- The Food and Wine Festival is here. Food and Wine is an annual celebration of International foods that happens at Walt Disney World's Epcot in Florida. It's a really popular event for adult Disney lovers, particularly the foodies of the world. Unfortunately, this event can often be very disappointing for people with dietary concerns. They have gotten a lot better within the last few years with incorporating vegetarian options, and this year there are actually a select few vegan options that are pretty solid. So, if you are vegan, here are some top spot you have to be sure to hit this year when circling the World Showcase.

1. Greek Nachos- Greece. 

www.themeparkinsider.com

Greece has a delicious Greek nacho this year that is totally vegan right down to the tzatziki. It is made with pita chips, meatless "sausage crumbles", onions, olives, and the sauce. It is actually very delicious. I've had it more than once.

2. Roasted Red Pepper Hummus- The Almond Orchard Hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze.

www.ziggyknowsdisney.com

This stand isn't necessarily a "country", but it is in the World Showcase, not too far from the Greece kiosk. They served a delicious roasted red pepper hummus, topped with slivered almonds with small crackers on the side. A bonus of this stand is that they serve an almond milk "ice cream". You just have to ask for it without the chocolate streusel topping to make it vegan.

3. Red Madras Curry- India. 

www.ziggyknowsdisney.com

India is one of my favorite stands just for the smell of it. They serve a very fragrant dish of vegan Madras red curry. The dish contains roasted cauliflower, baby Carrots, chickpeas, and basmati rice.

4. Hummus Fries- Morocco. 

ziggyknowsdisney.com

This one is not all the way vegan, but the Morocco stand has a dish that only needs a small tweak to make it eligible. The hummus fries at this kiosk are mouthwateringly delicious. Just order them sans tzatziki. Unlike the Greek sauce, this one is made with actual dairy, and it cannot be eaten by anyone vegan or lactose intolerant.

5. Impossible Burger Slider- Earth Eats, Inspired by The Chew. 

www.ziggyknowsdisney.com

For this stand, you do have divert from the path of the World Showcase a little bit, but you don't have to go too far. It isn't too care from the entrance to the showcase near Canada. They have an absolutely delectable "Impossible burger" slider. Impossible is a brand of vegan meat protein that tastes very close to the real thing. The burger is dressed with vegan slaw and a spicy, wasabi sauce.

6. Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew- Africa. 

www.easywdw.com

Africa has some interesting dishes to offer. It's not too far from the unfinished transition in the World Showcase known as the Refreshment Outpost. Their vegan dish is spicy Ethiopian red lentil stew with quinoa. It's garnished/drizzled with a yogurt that is, in fact, vegan. So you do not have to request any changed to this one. Vegans can eat it as is.

Being vegan is never very easy. In fact, it can be extremely difficult at times. This is especially true on vacation. All of the restaurants are unfamiliar, and in tourist spots, it can be really hard to accommodate dietary needs. Since vegans aren't a massive group, their food doesn't tend to be mass produced in convenient restaurant locations. However, it does seem like Walt Disney World is making an honest effort to include their vegan patrons in their menus. If you're a vegan who has felt left out by or been disappointed by the Food and Wine Festival in the past, this may finally be your year. Bonne appétit