10 Easy Recipe Ideas To Help Get You In The Holiday Spirit

Trust me, these are sure to help you feel some holiday cheer.

71

As I prepare to head home for the holiday season, one of the things I realize I've missed the most is home-cooked food. Whether you're spending the holidays with your close family or you plan on Zooming with them instead, these recipes are here to boost your spirits.

1. Five-minute fudge wreath

TidyMom // Instagram

Whether you need a break from election updates or you are craving the holiday spirit, this fudge wreath is perfect for you. Rachel Ray's recipe only requires five minutes of preparation and five minutes of cooking time, so it's great for when you're in the mood for a quick, sweet snack.

2. Gingerbread waffles

Katie // Instagram

Whether you're a mom thinking of surprising your kids with a special breakfast treat or a college student looking for a midnight snack, this holiday-inspired waffle recipe is great for everyone. With only eight minutes of preparation time, you'll be enjoying the delicious gingerbread flavor in no time.

3. Jam thumbprint cookies

Danielle, Live Well Bake Often // Instagram

These desserts were one of my favorites throughout my childhood, and this recipe has its own special twist of coconut. With 20 minutes of prep time and your choice of jam, you can enjoy these with your close friends and family this holiday season.

4. Christmas pasta

Lori Lange // Instagram

From Christmas Pasta to Christmas Present to Christmas Future, this pasta recipe by Rachel Ray is perfect for any holiday celebration. With 15 minutes of preparation time and a variety of meat and vegetables, it's great when you're in a crunch for time.

5. Popovers

Popover Bistro & Bakery // Instagram

With a muffin tin and some basic ingredients like milk, all-purpose flour, and eggs, you can enjoy these warm, golden popovers. After just 10 minutes of preparation and 40 minutes of cooking, enjoy these delicious treats with your family this holiday season as an appetizer or snack.

6. Festive Salad

Noelle, Child/Mom Dietitian // Instagram

Looking for a hearty salad to complete your holiday spread? This festive salad recipe is the one for you. With only 35 minutes of preparation and your selection of tree nuts and fruit, this salad is fit for any celebration.

7. Traditional Sufganiyot jelly doughnuts

chaya rappoport // Instagram

Are you looking for a more traditional dessert to add to your recipe book this holiday season? This Israeli donut recipe is the one for you. Though it has a longer preparation time of around 60 minutes, this delicious dish would be perfect to make with your family this winter.

8. Citrus fig cranberry sauce

Abi | Columbus photographer // Instagram

Looking to stray away from the usual cranberry sauce in a can this season? This recipe, with a preparation time of only 10 minutes, is the perfect blend of sweet and savory flavors to add to your holiday feast.

9. Individual potato gratins

Nicola Southall // Instagram

Based on the popular gratin potatoes dish originating from French cuisine, this recipe is the perfect appetizer for your socially distanced holiday party or a night in with your friends. With only 15 minutes of preparation, it's a great dish that you can spend time making with family during the estimated cooking time instead of being in the kitchen all day.

10. Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti

Thebakingfun // Instagram

Going back to sweet treats, this Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti recipe is made for when you're craving Nutella or in the mood for rich flavor. With only 12 minutes of cook time needed, they're perfect to make and enjoy with your family and friends.

Whether it's an entree, appetizer, snack, or dessert, be sure to share these recipes with the ones you love to spread the holiday cheer If you're not quite ready to celebrate as I am, save these recipes for when you are! Happy holidays!