Cheap And Easy Halloween Costumes For Girls

13 Costume Ideas For The Girl Who's Spooked About Spending Money This Halloween

Coming up with an outfit for Halloween shouldn't be scary!

202

October is just a few weeks away, which means Halloween is just around the corner. As someone who LOVES Halloween, I am always thinking of costume ideas. Of course, sometimes people don't want to (or can't) spend much time or money on a costume. This list provides an array of options for anyone looking for costume inspiration. In my experience, Walmart and dollar stores are one of the best places to look for cheap costumes that can be put together quickly. Halloween stores can be pricey, but they are likely to have almost everything you need. Whether you're just looking for costume ideas or trying to put together a last-minute Halloween costume, this list is for you.

The Jellyfish

Photo by Brianna Lehman on Flickr

A jellyfish costume is seemingly easy to put together. All you need is an umbrella, streamers, and an outfit of your choosing. You can hang the streamers from the umbrella, or you can also string lights along the umbrella if you're up for it. I suggest a clear umbrella, but obviously the costume is the creator's preference.

Porcelain Doll

You could put together a "new" porcelain doll costume with a nice dress and cute makeup. Or you can put together an old, "haunted" porcelain doll with a worn dress and cracks painted on your face. This one seems simple enough!

Zombie

Photo by zombieite on Flickr

All you need to dress as a zombie is tattered clothing, messy hair, and makeup. It's the basic zombie look, but you could also get fake lacerations from any Halloween store. You can make it as basic or exotic as you please!

The Purge

Dressing as a classic The Purge character is as easy as a mask that you can get at any Halloween store and an outfit of your choosing, with the option of a weapon like a bat. I have also seen people play The Purge announcement on a portable speaker. This costume is extremely quick and efficient.

Jigsaw

Jigsaw is a great last minute costume. All you need is a white shirt, black blazer, and black, red, and white face paint. Quick and easy!

Deer

Photo by Liebre.De.Marzo on Flickr

You can buy an antler headband, buy or put together a flower crown, or wear no headgear. White or brown clothing and face paint will tie the entire look together!

Devil

Devil horns and a tail can be found at Walmart, Amazon, or any store that sells Halloween costumes. A red dress would be the perfect core to this costume!

Vampire

You can purchase vampire teeth, a red or black cape from any Halloween store, at Walmart, or on Amazon. You can wear a dark-colored outfit with a little bit of eyeliner, and voila!

Scarecrow

All you need is a tattered hat, a plaid flannel shirt, a pair of jeans or overalls, and some scarecrow face paint!

Red Riding Hood

All you need is a red cape, red shoes, and any dress with white. You can dress it up or keep it as minimal as you want! The red shoes and white dress are items that you will likely be able to find at a thrift store, while a red cape can be found at any Walmart.

The Wolf

Perfect for a couple costume with Red Riding Hood! You can find wolf ears and a tail at any Halloween store, at Walmart, or on Amazon. The wolf ears and tail are easily matched with a plaid flannel shirt and a pair of jeans!

Bunny

One classic Halloween costume is the bunny. It's as simple as bunny ears and a tail tied together with the outfit of your choosing!

Cat

Finally, the classic cat costume. You can get a pair of cat ears and a tail at almost any discount or dollar store. With a little makeup and the perfect cat outfit, this is a quick and easy costume!