A Guide To Your Next US Vacation: East Or West Coast?

Whether you're a city gal, an outdoorsy man, a beach bum, or a midwestern lover of cold, the United States has any travel destination you can dream up.
13

Traveling is one of the world's finest things to conquer. May it be leisure-related, work-related, family-related, school-related, or just any other reason you can muster up to take a vacay, it's always nice to step foot into new grounds and explore what they have to offer.

So, if you're looking for somewhere to travel for a weekend getaway, or a week-long beach vacation, there are a number of options you have from coast to coast of the United States.

1. California

Beach, in-land, and multiple different aspects of city life, California is sure one to give you what you want. Listed below are a few of the many, many cities to travel to that I absolutely adored when I visited.

San Diego

Full of a downtown city life and home of many different surrounding beaches, if you're looking for a place to travel with family or friends, San Diego surely is one of the best. San Diego is full of many different shops, delicious places to dine, home of SeaWorld San Diego Theme Park, and is only a small drive from downtown to get to the beautiful island of Coronado. Neighboring San Diego is the beautiful city of La Jolla where you can find cute shops and boutiques, a beautiful beach, a wonderful place to snorkel, and great restaurants to grab a bite to eat.

Los Angeles

If you're looking for a city vacation, Los Angeles has it for you. Home of the beautiful Beverly Hills, Downtown LA, and Hollywood, Los Angeles has many different activities to add to your itineraries. Feeling a Beverley Hills celebrity home tour? Feel free to pick one up in Downtown Hollywood. Feeling a day in a museum? Go ahead and check out the Grammy Museum downtown. Ready to shop and maybe--probably not, but maybe--spot a celebrity? Rodeo Drive has all of that for you. The only downside about LA is that the traffic is nuts, so be prepared to leave ahead of schedule.

Laguna Beach

Home of the infamous TV show "The Hills," Laguna is full of many different shops, rooftop dine-ins, and the beautiful coast of the Pacific Ocean. On radar, Laguna seems to have been meant for a drop-in, drop-out kind of town, seeing that the two times I've been there I had only stayed for the mere daylight and headed elsewhere as night struck. Laguna is very upbeat, but the best part of it is its beauty. So if you ever find yourself cruising up Pacific Coast Highway, pit stop in Laguna for delicious food, a place to shop, or just a beach to relax on.

Santa Monica and Malibu

The outskirts of LA bring you on your way to both Santa Monica and Malibu. Both famous beach cities, they both bring you an aspect of the beach that the other does not. Santa Monica is home to the infamous Santa Monica Pier, where you can grab a greasy bite to eat or catch a ride on its many different carnival rides, the best, of course, being the Ferris Wheel. If you're feeling up to a walk, Third Street Promenade gives you many different options to dine and shop. Malibu is home to the University in which "Zoey 101" was filmed, Pepperdine, and the home of many different celebrities around the world. Both a place to dine and relax on the beach, Malibu has it all for you.

2. Florida

Found on the polar opposite of California, Florida is home to many different beauties, whether it's the Atlantic Ocean, the Everglades, Disney World, the Gulf, or the Keys. Listed below are a few cities that I once visited and loved because of the way they were so calm and collected.

Key West

The true, absolute beauty of the United States. The Southern Most Point of the U.S. has a great amount to offer, whether it's one of its many, many beautiful beaches, its downtown shops, or its delicious seafood. Key West has all it can offer for a great, relaxing vacation, and I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a nice place to getaway.

Naples

Looking for a place to relax on the Gulf? Naples has that for you. One of the most relaxed, laid-back places I've visited, Naples has anything you can dream of. Dining, shopping, walks on the pier, you name it.

3. Arizona

Ready to relax but not quite to the point of relaxation on the ocean? Looking for a getaway from your home that feels like home? Arizona has that for you. Home to the Grand Canyon and the major campus of ASU, Arizona gives many different options for you. Listed below are a few cities that caught my eye.

Phoenix

Want a getaway but don't have that beach bod yet or aren't feeling the beach drive? Phoenix is very laid-back, has many places to shop, dine, take walks, swim, and really anything. If you want a getaway from home that feels just like home, Phoenix is the place for you.

Yuma

A small, dinky town on the crossroads from Phoenix to San Diego, Yuma is only a couple miles out from the border of Arizona and California. Yuma's very old school, but a great place to stop to grab a bite to eat or to walk around downtown. Not only is there a downtown, but a river walk, theater, and many different museums. If you ever find yourself road tripping through the west coast, take a stop in Yuma. It won't disappoint.

4. Texas

One of the biggest states in the U.S., Texas has a lot to offer. Beach front, inland, and some cowboys here and there, if you're looking for a warm vacay any time of the year, Texas will give it to ya. Listed below are some major cities and what they have to offer in the dry, sunny state.

Dallas

Filled with a number of things to do, Dallas has the famous JFK museum, a beautiful downtown, and many different places to shop and grab a bite to eat. Not only that, but it is home to the Texas State Fair running through the months of September and October.

Waco

The home of Chip and Joanna from "Fixer Upper," Waco is a town with a very homey feel. Waco holds "Magnolia Market," the home and goods store of Chip and Joanna Gaines. Waco is also home to Baylor University. If you ever find yourself driving from Dallas to Austin, take a pit stop in Waco. It's sure to not disappoint.

San Antonio and Austin

About an hour drive between the two, San Antonio is famous for its beautiful river walk, yummy restaurants, and fun shops that sit home to the Riverwalk. For something fun to do in San Antonio, drive around through its historic downtown or take a river taxi tour through the Riverwalk. As for Austin, take a trip downtown to grab a bite to eat or shop around. Austin is also home to the Circuit of the America's, a race-car track that has held many different Grand Prix's over the years. Both cities hold a lot of potentials, and I'd recommend them to anyone who's looking to take a trip down south.