Easiest Netflix Shows to Binge Watch For The Rest Of Break

One last bit of relief before school again

26
http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2013/09/LifestylePopcorn.jpg

During the semester, I don't have much time to watch Netflix or invest myself in a show. I don't have the patience to wait weeks in between episodes for shows I really start to like, so I save all of my watching for the breaks.

This break in particular I watched a couple shows that were only a season or so long, because I didn't want to commit to a long one in case I didn't finish it within the month and a half. Some of them I really liked and some of them I thought were alright but having seen a lot of shows now, I have some suggestions for good Netflix shows to watch (or not) for the rest of your break that are also very low commitment.

1. Stranger Things

I'd been meaning to start this one for a while. Many people would recommend it to me and tell me they think I'd like it, but I put it off for some reason. It's a science fiction mystery thriller set in the 80's, and it has the feel of the show Goosebumps from when I was young. Netflix produces it and only 1 season is out so far, so it's very easy to watch half the series in one night and not even realize it. Even though it took an episode or two to really capture my interest, I thought it was great by the end and left a lot of interesting questions to answer, and I look forward to the release of the next season sometime this year.

2. Medici: Masters of Florence

Having gone to Italy this past summer and because of my love for historical fiction, I thought I would really like this show when it came up on my "suggestions" bar. I gave it a try because one of my friends was watching it too, and was not disappointed. When I found out that it was based on the true story of the Medici family's rise in Florence I was even more interested, and the show is filled with twists and suspense throughout the whole thing that kept me watching. It, too, is a Netflix produced show that is only one season so far, so it was easy to get through in a few nights and awesome throughout the whole thing.

3. The Following

A couple of my friends recommended this show to me, and I started it hesitatingly because I had never really gotten into a crime/serial killer drama before. But I very quickly became obsessed with this show. As an English major, I was immediately a sucker for the Edgar Allan Poe references and other literary allusions, and I loved the story line. I would recommend this show to anyone, despite the lackluster reviews it sometimes gets, but I will warn that the series only has 3 seasons because it was cancelled mid-run. Season 3 ended on a huge cliffhanger that will unfortunately never be resolved so if you're like me and would struggle with that lack of closure, you might want to stay away. That being said, I do not regret having watched the series at all because it was awesome, so I still think you should still give it a try.

4. Fuller House

I watched this right at the beginning of break and would recommend it on a condition. If you loved the show Full House as a kid, the show is good for nostalgia purposes but I didn't think it had very much appeal for people our age by itself. It seems to be hit or miss with most people and if you never watched Full House, or did but didn't love it, I don't think you would enjoy this show.

5. The Office

This wouldn't be a Netflix suggestion article by myself if I didn't mention the Office. This is another show that I have been (re)watching throughout this break, and although it goes against the "low-committment" theme of these past few shows, I highly suggest you should watch it anyway.