Ten Fun Spring Break Ideas that Won't Break the Bank
Seasonal

10 Ideas For Spring Break that Won't Break You Bank

Just because you're on break doesn't mean you have to be broke.

36
Photo by picjumbo.com from Pexels

Finally, midterms are over and spring break is upon us. Us students are ready to celebrate and have fun, but our bank accounts are not. Do not fret, as I have a list of ten cheap options to have a bomb-ass spring break!

1.) Get a tattoo.

I'm starting this list off with both the most expensive, yet coolest, option. I have always been obsessed with tattoos and have been trying to save up to get one. Spring break is the perfect time to say "screw it, why not" and get one!

2.) Explore the closest city to you.

We often forget that some of the best memories can be made right around the corner of our homes. If you live near a city (or in one), take a day or two to walk around it and get to know it. Check out the restaurants, stores, and attractions all around.

3.) Go on a picnic date with someone you love (platonic or romantic).

upload.wikimedia.org

Break is the best time to catch up with the friends you haven't seen since winter or your boo who goes to college two hours away, so why not turn this time into a fun picnic? Bonus points if you break out the basket and checkered-print blanket.

4.) Throw a party.

Grab the Bluetooth speakers, raid the chip aisle, and get those texts out cause it's party time! Like I mentioned above, catching up with people over break is a great time, so turn it up by dancing to music or watching some chick-flicks with your girls!

5.) Go to a baseball game.

Baseball season has just begun, so buy some tickets and get ready to cheer on your favorite team (Go Senators!)! Don't forget the peanuts and cracker jack!

6.) Treat yourself to a spa night.

cdn.pixabay.com

Face masks, nail polish, and snack foods. You know the details.

7.) Binge watch a new (or old) series.

Netflix has some great original series that just came out recently, and Hulu has all the classic cartoons and Disney shows from the early 2010s, so make yourself some popcorn and get your pjs on!

8.) Go through your phone and do a clean-up.

Let's be honest: Mostly all of us have a ton of pictures and videos on our phone that could be deleted, along with one or two apps, so now is the perfect time to go through them and make room for more after break!

9.) Check out a local state park or museum.

upload.wikimedia.org

There are a ton of free museums in every state, in addition to hidden parks and grass areas, so get out there and explore!

10.) Get ahead in your classes.

I know, I know. It's break time. No one wants to think about classes. With midterms being over and new material beginning, now is the best time to start reading the book and taking notes so that you can hang out with friends more during the rest of the school year. It sucks now, but will be well worth it later!

No matter what you decide to do, I hope you have a wonderful break and make awesome memories with awesome people!