My Hate for the 6 Am Rise

College is all fun and games when you're a freshman and classes either do not take attendance or offer you lots of skips. It makes those days where your alarm seems to be going off even earlier than usual a little more sufferable when you give yourself a day to sleep in and get the notes from a buddy.

Fast forward and suddenly you are a junior with real responsibilities. It feels like it came out of nowhere, but you now have less leeway when scheduling your classes and you are afforded less skips. Maybe you have a job, an internship, or student teaching, maybe its something else, maybe its a combination, maybe you are a real adult and you are laughing at the college kids trying to force themselves on a normal schedule.

Despite who you are, I think we all have one thing in common, we hate our alarms.

Every night I plan to go to bed early(ish) enough that waking up will not be terrible. Early enough that I can get enough sleep to where I can function sufficiently in the morning to get myself out the door on time.

And somehow, I have to wake up in less than six hours and I did not get anything accomplished that I had intended to. Homework and shower? Check. Ate dinner? Kind of. Laundry you have been trying to do for three days and have not been home long enough to do? Maybe tomorrow.

Except tomorrow you have to be up even earlier, and you have to work even later tonight. So maybe laundry can wait a few more days.

I really do not care who you are, how old you are, or what you do: alarms really do suck.

So here is to you, and here is to me, tired and stressed we'll always be, all thanks to that alarm at six o'clock in the morning.