8 Reasons Early Classes Aren't As Bad As People Make Them Out To Be

Yes they are super early, but it can help start your day!

290

My first semester Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays I had a chem lecture at 8 a.m. Now yes, chemistry isn't the first thing anyone wants to hear when they first wake up, but it does get your brain moving.

1. It helps start your day!

Now waking up for these classes can be hard, it does help you get out of bed. I am the type of person who would stay in bed all day if they could, but that just isn't reasonable. These early mornings wake me up to go to class, eat breakfast, and fully prepare myself for the day.

2. It urges you to eat breakfast.

I know for sure that if I wasn't forced to be in class at 8, I would just skip breakfast and go straight to lunch. Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day because it starts the functions of your body, and preps you for the day.

3. You feel more motivated!

Being awake earlier in the day allows you to not waste a good portion of it by sleeping. There's more motivation during the day to get the work, so at night you can just relax.

4. I'd rather my nights free, than my mornings.

My friends and I all have our nights free, so this is when we go out and get dinner, play games, or just hang out together. Being able to choose what I do with my night instead of having to dread classes is something I'd much rather prefer.

5. That's what a real work day is going to be like!

Most work days are at least a 9 to 5, so it's not different from what is to come in our future. It is just conditioning us to get used to working that early, and using our brain.

6. There will always be room in the class.

In reality, no one is trying to get into 8 a.m. classes. It is almost a guarantee that when you go to schedule classes that early, there is a higher chance they'll have room in them.

7. More opportunity to ask questions. 

With the classes being smaller at 8 a.m., and half of them being half asleep it is easier for you to ask questions with your professor. Everyone is exhausted, so there is no room to question shame!

8. The after class naps are killer. 

As great as waking up early is, those midday naps after class are the best.