13 Reasons Why Dunkin' Donuts Is Better Than Starbucks

13 Reasons I Will Always Run On Dunkin' Instead Of Starbucks

This college girl runs on 100% Dunkin'.

5799

In high school, while all my friends went to Starbucks and spent $5 or more on their caramel frappuccinos with extra caramel, I was at Dunkin' Donuts. While they made fun of me for getting my coffee from a "donut shop," I was happily sipping away at my coffee cup cloud of dreams.

Now, in college, Dunkin' is still and first most my number one place to grab a coffee when I need morning energy. Whether it's in the morning or afternoon, you can never say no to Dunkin' and here are 13 reasons why it will forever be superior.

1. It's simple.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

They have a normal menu of coffee such as latte's, mocha's, Americano's, black coffee, etc. Then, they have flavor options and cream and sugar. It's pretty simple and easy to navigate compared to the complexity of other coffee shops.

2. Their flavors are unique.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

Cookie dough iced coffee? Blueberry iced coffee? Maple Pecan? Sign me up for all of them, please. Their different flavors come in and out depending on the season which keeps things fresh and fun. One of my favorites is either the cookie dough iced coffee or the Girl Scout Cookie shortbread iced coffee.

3. Their healthy options taste good.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

While you can, of course, get all the sugar in your coffee, they also have some pretty good options for those who want to start their morning off healthier. If you get a medium iced coffee with a flavor shot and whole milk, it is only 50 calories and 2 grams of sugar.

4. Their Egg Whites Dunkin' Bowl is to die for.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

On a whim, I got the egg white Dunkin' Bowl and was so surprised by how good it tasted and how much they give you for your money! It is made with egg whites, spinach, roasted potatoes, cheddar cheese, and caramelized onions. It is a great way to start off the day and be full of energy! There is another sausage scramble bowl option that you can get as well.

5. You can't beat the price.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

You can get a medium iced coffee for about $1.50. You cannot beat that kind of price compared to other coffee that can cost over five dollars. Instead of spending ten dollars on two drinks at another coffee company, you can get around six drinks or so for the ten dollars at Dunkin'.

6. DDPerks gets you great deals.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

Download the Dunkin' app and join their reward program. It's a great way to receive free drinks with their point system and often they send you a free drink coupon. I can't get enough of it.

7. The pastries are really good and affordable.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

For a $1.09 you can get a donut of your choice. Some of the specialty donuts may cost a little extra but is still well-priced. If you can't decide what to get, you can go on the app and choose the option "Surprise Me" and the workers there will choose one for you!

8. It's a great date idea.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

Take your significant other on a Dunkin' Donuts date! Get some iced coffee, a half dozen donuts, drive to the park, lay on a picnic blanket and relax with your coffee and donuts! An inexpensive and fun date that anyone will enjoy. Plus if you use your DDPerks app you get those points. It's a win-win.

9. If you use one of their travel mugs, you get a discount.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

Buy one of their mugs or tumblers and not only do you get a free drink right then and there, but you also get a discount whenever you come back with the cup. The discount isn't a mere few cents either; when you bring it they give you the refill price! Which you literally cannot beat.

10. They are fast.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

Sometimes by the time I order my drink, they have it ready for me before I even finish paying. They are all timed which means you get your drink ASAP. If you order on the app as well, you can just walk in and pick up your stuff and leave. Easy peasy.

11. It's perfect for college students.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

With the price, caffeine, and swiftness of making drinks, Dunkin' Donuts comes out on top for the drink for college students. It's easy to quickly grab on the way to class or after a huge test. Even if you are running late, they can still get you your drink and to your class before the professor even starts.

12. It's the biggest chain in New York City.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

While this may not be important to everyone, it's a huge thing for someone who either lives in New York or wants to live on the East Coast. Plus, it's New York. It's pretty cool that they are dominating such a big city. They are the biggest chain in New York. They have 596 locations in the city which beats Starbucks who has 317 locations and McDonald's who has 217 locations. Which means you have 596 chances throughout the state to grab a delicious combo of coffee and donuts.

Even Forbes wrote an article on how it has been dominating the East Coast lately.

13. Their slogan is so cute.

Dunkin' Donuts

Dunkin' Donuts

How can you not smile at the slogan, "America runs on Dunkin'?" It's so simple and so cute, as well as too true. I will forever run on Dunkin' Donuts.