The Five Best Movies To Cure Your Boredom, From Romance To Action

Looking for something other than the Bachelor to keep you entertained? These five movies have got you covered.

8

From thriller, to action, to comedy, to romance, here are the best five films that will have you laughing, crying, on your seat, and cheering with joy to quell your quarantine boredom.

1. Midsommar (2019)

If you're into bone-chilling thrillers about a cult in distant Sweden with multiple kills under their belt, this movie is for you. The film stars Florence Pugh, who plays Dani, a young woman ridden with PTSD and anxiety, who is dragged to Sweden by her boyfriend in an attempt to salvage their crumbling relationship. The story goes from disturbing, to whimsical, to haunting, and then to weird. You'll be on your toes throughout the entire film.

2. Pride and Prejudice (2005)

This 2005 classic starring Kiera Knightely and Matthew MacFadyen is the perfect mix of humorous, emotional, and interesting. Based off the novel "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, the story follows Elizabeth Bennet, a young woman in the Georgian Era as she attempts to avoid being thrown into marriage, and ironically falls in love with the towns "touch-me-not" bachelor. Filled with plenty of wit and romance, this a perfect film to watch with or without your significant other.

3. Captain Marvel (2019)

Captain Marvel is a film with plenty of raw girl-power and intense action to spare. This movie centers around Carol Danver's journey from an Army pilot to a universal superhero. Not only does the movie include some serious plot-twists, it also shares the backstory of Nick Fury, the director of Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. program. If you enjoy Marvel or action movies in general, this is the film for you.

4. The 5th Wave (2016)

Despite the fact that this movie may hit a little too close to home in terms of apocalyptic plagues, the story of young teenager Cassie, portrayed by Chloe Grace Moretz, is both incredibly interesting and intense. After a giant spaceship arrives on Earth, looming in the sky and causing power outages, natural disasters, and plagues, young Cassie and her brother are separated from each other. Cassie goes on a long and tumultuous journey to reunite with her brother, and in the process learns some things about the aliens, herself, and a young man she falls in love with.

5. Cool Runnings (1993)

Perhaps one of the funniest movies from the 90's, "Cool Runnings" is the true story of a Jamaican bob-sled team and their journey to the Olympics. Four men, desperate for a chance to compete in the Winter Olympics, enlist the help of a disgraced bob-sled legend, and make their way to Olympic qualification. The film is both a feel-good sports story and an example of comedic genius.