What are affordable skin care products?

The Broke College Student’s Guide To Skin Care

How you can get glowing skin without busting the bank.

164
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Cosmetologist_applying_skincare_treatment.jpg

I've had bad skin for as long as I can remember. Coming to college, my acne only got worse. With the excess of junk food and stress, those pesky pimples started to pop up. Not to mention, sticking to a routine was even harder. It wasn't until I looked in a mirror that I realized the only way my skin would clear up was if I was willing to put the effort in. I began to eat healthier and created an easy and affordable skin routine.

My skin was super dry so I began with products that helped hydrate my skin. I started to use the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Cleansing Gel ($6.79, Target). Daily topical application of serums containing about 0.1% Hyaluronic acid can lead to a significant improvement in skin hydration and elasticity. Within the first few times of using this product, I noticed my skin a lot more plump and hydrated.

My friends recommended I try the YesTo masks. They're formulated to assist in cleaning up and reducing the severity of acne by evening out the skin. I used the Yes to Tomatoes Acne-Fighting Paper Mask ($2.39 Target). I had a bit of acne and redness of my cheeks so I wanted to see if this mask could help. When I woke up the next morning, my acne was visibly less red. After three days, my acne around my cheeks had significantly reduced and some had even vanished. I would totally recommend this mask to anyone.

The last product I absolutely loved was Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner-Rose Petal ($8.99 Target). Rose-petal water is a great antioxidant for your skin. It helps reduce free radicals in the skin which attribute towards aging, Rose also acts as an antibacterial. It deep cleans your pores as well as tightening them. I saw a lot of YouTubers rave about it and was curious if I'd have the same results. It totally lives up to its hype. I've been using this toner for about every day for 2 months as an integral part in my skincare routine and I've seen such a difference. It made my pores appear smaller and helped reduce my dark spots while also moisturizing my skin. The formula wasn't irritating or harsh on my skin. As someone who has very sensitive skin, I would suggest others to give this product a try.

From these three products, I've seen a drastic difference in my skin. Not only has my acne reduced but my confidence has skyrocketed. College can be stressful but having a skin routine helped me feel a bit more organized during my chaotic schedule.