Driving is NOT a Joke

Driving is NOT a Joke

You don't have the right to risk my safety to save time.

117
Driving is NOT a Joke
Free-Photos

I understand that no one wants to be told what to do, I really get that, but I think that when health and sanity are at risk, we need to at least listen to what someone is saying before making a decision about following it or ignoring it. Today's PSA is about driving, *insert groan here*. Anyone who has been in the car while I'm driving will tell you that I'm not the most patient person--okay they will tell you that I'm not patient AT ALL--but this goes beyond mild irritation, it is a safety issue.

If you don't use your turn signal to signify that you are turning or merging, you are putting us--the other drivers--at risk. I'm sure all habitual drivers have experienced those near-misses on the highway when someone cuts you off without any notice. I get that sometimes cutting into another lane last minute is necessary because you didn't know your lane was ending or that you need to get off at this exit, but you should still use your turn signal because otherwise you are just being an asshole.

I have no problem letting people in when they use their turn signal and do not ride in the break-down lane to cut in line. Unless you have an emergency, you do NOT have a free pass to use the break-down lane as your personal fast-lane because you don't want to wait in traffic. NEWSFLASH: NO ONE WANTS TO WAIT IN TRAFFIC! When you decide that you are above waiting in traffic and use the EMERGENCY lane simply to save time, you could be preventing someone who actually needs it from using it and you are seriously pissing the rest of us off. I know that you think no one will let you in if you tell them you want to move-over using your turn signal, but I use my turn signal and a majority of the time, someone lets me in without issue. I'm asking you this because regardless what you may think,

I'm not the distracted, bad driver, you think I am--I'm not the best driver, but I do make safety for my passengers, other drivers, and myself a priority, so why don't you?