Why You Should Drink Apple Cider Vinegar Every Day

This liquid superfood has been around for over 2,000 years.

65

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is a superfood liquid health elixir that has been around for 2,000-5,000 years. It is a fermented food made by taking crushed apples or apple cider and exposing them to yeast, fermenting the sugar and turning them into alcohol. Next, bacteria is added which continues to ferment the alcohol, resulting in acetic acid. The unfiltered, unpasteurized, organic version will contain “the mother” (which are good and beneficial probiotics, enzymes and proteins), as well as amino acids and antioxidants.

This health elixir is a natural remedy that is safe and effective for everyday use for detoxification, acid reflux/heartburn, weight loss, blood pressure regulation, blood sugar regulation and even illness. With that said, here are six benefits of drinking ACV on a daily basis:

1. Detoxification

ACV aids your liver and lymphatic system in ridding toxins from your body. According to Dr. Josh Axe it also helps with “cardiovascular stimulation, bowel motility and lymphatic drainage.”

2. Acid Reflux/Heartburn

Improve and balance your stomach pH and intake of enzymes and probiotics with ACV. Take one or two tablespoon. Drink ACV with water before each meal, or just at night before bed to fight acid reflux/gerd/heartburn. This has even helped some people get off medication.

3. Weight Loss

ACV helps to break down fats so your body can use them instead of storing them for later use. It also contains organic “acetic acid,” which helps to improve metabolism and has an alkaline effect on the body, helping to restore your body’s pH levels.

4. Blood Pressure Regulation

ACV naturally lowers blood pressure by helping to naturally regulate. According to Dr. Axe, “In a 12-week study they found that consuming [ACV] lowered triglycerides and blood pressure significantly.”

5. Blood Sugar Regulation

According to Dr. Edward Group and a study done by Arizona State University, ACV naturally lowers glucose levels and helps in the treatment of diabetes.

6. Illness

Next time you are sick, try drinking an ACV tea bomb. Use one or two tablespoon. Mix the AVC in hot water, with one tbsp. raw honey, one tsp cinnamon and one tsp turmeric (turmeric is optional and does significantly alter the taste despite its amazing health benefits). Drink several times per day.

You can also do an ACV shot with one or two tbsp and a couple tablespoons of water (to dilute the ACV) several times throughout the day. This will help detox your body and flush toxins from your system, helping you get better faster.

What do I get?

Get your AVC raw, organic, unpasteurized and unfiltered, with “the mother” (stringy, cob web looking stuff floating around--this is the good stuff!). Bragg’s is a reputable brand, but there are others. Just remember it should meet the requirements above.

Where do I get ACV?

You can usually find it at any grocery or health food store. Generally it’s the white vinegar, but obviously, this will depend on your store.

How do I use it?

Oh, count the ways! You can try one of the ways mentioned above or try one tbsp. ACV mixed with about one tbsp. of olive oil and some spices for a salad dressing. You can also add one tbsp. ACV in 8oz of water in the morning or at night as preventative. You can even make “apple cider vinegar tea” with one tbsp. of ACV in 8 oz. of hot water with a bit of cinnamon to taste.

DISCLAIMER: When drinking ACV, always, ALWAYS dilute it. Never drink it straight as the acidity could harm your tooth enamel and esophagus.