Dress Like a Million Bucks Without Breaking the Bank

Whether it's going for a job interview, a date or simply a night out with friends, we all want to look like a million bucks regardless of our net worth. Is that too much to ask?

79

Everyone deserves to look their best no matter their size, budget, age, or gender. Just a few clever tweaks here and there and VOILA! We have with us, someone who looks tres chic.

Here are 3 simple steps that will help you look incredible without spending a fortune.

Step #1 Makeup Mistakes

Happens to the best of us and its okay! Practice makes perfect. A touch of discreet makeup will help make any woman look better, but the secret is to blend, blend and blend. Use of foundation that is close to your natural skin tone is the correct way to apply makeup. Do not try to hide your blemishes with concealer if you haven't done research on how to use it. Watch some videos on YouTube first, it's FREE! Ending up with "reverse raccoon eyes" is a classic rookie mistake.

Often, makeup will look better under natural sunlight or a yellow toned light, but under the classic office light, the colors and lines take on a whole new look. To ensure looking great, check your makeup under all kinds of lights before you go out.

Step #2 Your Wardrobe

The first step to building an amazing wardrobe is to wear clothes that are the right size for you. Yes, you heard me right! The most common mistake that people make is not choosing the right size of clothes! The fact that fit is the most important aspect of style cannot be stressed enough. You need to understand your own body type and find clothes that compliment that very shape.

Hiding that muffin-top using loose/drapery/ baggy tops does not do the trick. In an attempt to camouflage, you actually end up making it worse. You'll look bigger or shapeless. Just remember that your clothes should fit your body in a very natural way. If you think that your outfit fits you, then think again and keep up a critical eye. Note: The sizes can vary significantly from one manufacturer to another or even between countries. Always check the size chart before placing an order online. If you're buying from a store always try the outfit on.

Types of Clothes that Boost your Style

Every wardrobe should have a few fashion staples that fit every kind of lifestyle. Now the interesting part is that some items could be expensive, yes, but they are worth every penny. When I say expensive, I'm not talking about brands, I'm talking about a good relation between quality and cost. You don't need to go all out. You can invest in one of these (See image below) key items at a time, keeping in mind your budget.

Examples of pieces every wardrobe should have: A pair of well fitted jeans, black pumps, black shoes (in the case of a gentlemen), a cute black dress, a good quality bag, a silk blouse, a watch, a coat, a black V-neck t-shirt, a leather jacket, sunglasses, a cashmere sweater, a statement necklace, and of course, a chic blazer. You can wear these pieces with everything! Mix and match these clothing items with colors, cuts, and styles and create head turning looks.

Every man's wardrobe must have a nice button down shirt, a good quality polo, a pair of well-fitted khakis and a nice sweater/Blazer. Looking dapper doesn't have to come at the cost of your kidney. Invest in a few good pieces and make your everyday looks phenomenal. Something as small as a smart belt can make all the difference in tying an outfit together.

Spend your money wisely. Do not buy certain brands just because of the designer tag. Read the labels and make sure the products are made with good quality materials (real leather, cotton, silk, etc).

Step # 3 Your Body

Your body's largest organ is the skin and keeping it healthy requires daily care. Contrary to popular belief, you don't need to spend a fortune to achieve flawless skin. You only need to have a good skincare routine. Follow these golden rules to a more fresh, glowing skin (This applies to both men and women).

#1 Skin Type: In order to take care of and respect your skin, first and foremost, make sure to choose products specially designed for your skin type. Dry skin does not have the same needs as oily skin.

#2 Protect your skin: SPF is your friend. Whatever the season, choose daily skin care products that include solar filters. They reduce the harmful effects of the sun, which accelerates skin aging.

#3 Moisturize your skin daily: All skin types requires hydration. I no longer use body lotions since I discovered the amazing results that coconut oil offers. This natural oil does not expose me to harmful chemicals, like some lotions do.

#4 Exfoliation is a must! But only once or twice a week, no more. You will see instant results. My secret: Olive oil and dark brown sugar.

#5 Water: It makes your skin glow. 12-14 glasses of water is a must for every human being. Carry a water bottle to work and keep hydrated my friends!

Men need it as much as women!

#6 It's all about grooming: There is nothing sexier than a well groomed man. In case of men, your beard and your smell talk about you. One of the trickiest parts of working toward becoming a better version of yourself is that often men do not want to set aside time to think about their image. Finally, forget what dad told you: Shaving against the grain is wrong, it's like using a rusty razor.

#7 Details: To achieve an amazing look, it is very important to pay attention to detail. Your hair should look clean, your nails (both hands and toes, very well polished), clean shoes, and of course ...clean teeth are a must.

Now you have a list of the things you can work on. Looking a million bucks has a lot more to do with self-confidence and how you carry yourself than what you own. So, start working on your well-being. Take a few minutes to do some planning, make a list before you go shopping, and stock your wardrobe!