Similar to the famous draw my life on YouTube where you draw out important moments from your life on a whiteboard, this is one in iconic gifs because I cannot draw and it would be a good way to put humor on my previous fun and not-so-fun experiences.

I am an only child

I am the only child of my household. No siblings whatsoever (unless you include my dogs). I live(d) with my mom, Kelli - a nurse - and my dad, Joe - a mailman -. I grew up playing by myself ALL THE TIME. It was so much fun. Some people claim that it would be a lonely life, but I didn't really know any better and so being on my own was what I liked. Because of this, I grew up to be a very independent person, not introverted, just independent - meaning I like to do things on my own. I am not the best sharer, especially with food and I tend to enjoy my own company best.

When we moved, things changed

I grew up in a big neighborhood with a small community atmosphere. All the neighbors were friends and got together on the weekends to have pool parties, cook outs and celebrate the holidays. Each family had children around the same age who would play together after school including me. We would climb trees, go to the playground, bike, play hopscotch, house, etc. On halloween we would all dress up together and move in a group. My grandparents lived right around the corner and I would constantly bike over to their house to climb their trees, play dollies, and drink afternoon tea. When my cousins came to town we all slept over at my grandmother (Gramzy - as she is called) and grandfather's (Papa - as he is called) house and watch the haunted mansion and eat cinnamon rolls. They would take us to Walmart every Sunday and we each got to buy a toy and one box of candy and then one happy meal from Mcdonalds. When my parents decided we needed a bigger house around the time I turned 7, it was life changing because I had to say good bye to playing after school and my grandparents being right around the block. We only moved 10 minutes away but it made a difference.

Camp Don Lee

Ah, Glorious summer camp. In the summer of 2009, my mom sent me to a sleepaway camp called Camp Don Lee for the week. I had no idea it would change my life this much! It brought me to my closest friends over the years, made me realize that I wanted to major in environmental education, got my 5 ARC certifications, provided me with the greatest memories from "near death"sailing experiences to Thursday night dance parties. I went through an intensive leader in training program in 2017 and now I work on staff there.

Switching schools

In elementary school, I didn't make too many close friends. So for middle school, my mom thought it would be good to go to a small private school called Triangle Day School. It was tiny, a graduating class of 25 people. My 6th grade year, I met my best friends, Sydney, Nikki and in 7th grade - Sofie. We were so close to one another, did very strange and weird things because its puberty and people are going through personality changes and phases. TDS was one of the best choices I ever made, even though while I was there I always said I wanted to get out, looking back, I never would've left if they had an option for high school. Those girls that I met are still the only people I really love and trust and shaped my life incredibly through beach trips, getting chased by rabid animals, going to the state fair, late night sleepovers every weekend and all around just being really weird and dumb

High cchool is so dramatic

High school was difficult simply because I had to leave my main homies behind since they lived in Raleigh and Cary and I lived in Durham. High school meant new friends, and sometimes you just don't get along with new people. I made friends, I lost some, I got into fights, got revenge, did some out of pocket stuff and was stressed about everything.

My two favorite classes got me my favorite people

My favorite high school classes were my AP environmental science class my junior year and my AP Spanish class my senior year. Both classes formed my friend group at school. I loved them because we did everything together. We gossiped together, ate together at lunch and after school, all of our weekend plans were together, and more. They were such fun classes that for once didn't make me hate school.

Heartbreak

I had my first real real real boyfriend from the beginning of junior year to the end. We had lots of fun together and he is still a good friend of mine, but when we broke up it was hard for me. VERY HARD. I love romance, the idea of it, the passion behind it, and the idea of it being like a fairytale. I love love. I love the idea of soulmates. My first real heart break did make the following months really hard to get through and still sometimes it is sour. Then I met someone new and the infatuation began again. Love is tricky and it really can shape us. Now I have a better backbone and I am stronger than before.

Becoming vegetarian

I became vegetarian in late 2017 with the help of my best friend who has been vegetarian for the past 4 years. She really inspired me. Becoming vegetarian has made me feel better about myself and be more eco friendly.

I am an Aquarius

I was born January 20, 2000. I am an aquarius right on the cusp. Meaning I am independent, unique, original, unpredictable, unemotional, sarcastic, stubborn, aloof, clever, humanitarian. I love talking about astrology and finding out other people's signs, seeing what is in the stars can be so interesting.

NC State University

I used to love Carolina. It still remains my #1-#2 in basketball but ever since being accepted to NC State University, I know I made the right decision. This school is perfect for me. Great opportunities, academics, professors, sports, and above all - people. I love all of our traditions and our beautiful campus made of the wonderful brick. NC State is home and a great place to be.