Don't Let One Bad Thing Ruin Your Whole Day
Self Love

You have to change your mindset when things go wrong in your life.

552
Elise Williams

I am one who believes that your attitude towards situations can make or break you. If you allow people or things to interfere with your groove and ability to function and be the best you that you can be, then you have let that person or situation get the best of you. You can only treat other people how you would want to be treated; with decency, respect, and an open mind. If a person says something to you that is offensive or always seems to have an attitude when talking to you or in your presence, it does not always mean that it is about you. I have dealt with too many people to count who have hated me because of things unrelated to me at all, whether that is jealously of something that I have that they don't, whether it is because of who I am and the family I was born into, my intelligence, and even just my happiness.

People love to put down the nicest people in the world because they feel bad about themselves and/or there is something else going on internally inside them that you may not even know about. You may be the kindest person ever but there is still going to be somebody out there that does not like you. You can't focus on those negative, bitter, and spiteful people in your life, because all that is going to do is hurt you at the end of the day. You need to focus on positive things that make you happy and make you feel whole inside. Who gives a crap about how much money you have or the nice car you might have? Material things don't mean a thing at the end of the day. What matters most is your ability to be happy with yourself and the choices that you make in life. If you continue to let every bad interaction or situation that happens in your life take a toll on you, eventually you are going to wear yourself down to the person that those spiteful people want you to be.

The devil is alive, and he craves your negativity. He wants to see you fail, and struggle, and feed the drama that people try to put on you. You need to not let that get to you. There will always be evil in the world, but you have the choice to choose well. God is always with you and he is always watching. You need to make choices that will fulfill you and make you happy despite what everybody else is doing. You need to take time for yourself, whether that means taking a social media break or watching a show on Netflix, do something that brings you joy and resettles your soul.

Something I did for myself recently was get my nails done and take a social media break because I deserved it. Never let anybody make you feel less than who you are, and take the time to rejuvenate yourself and to do the little things for your own mental and physical well being. After I left the nail salon I realized that my little toe was messed up, and I was immediately annoyed and frustrated. I then reminded myself that I have the power to choose if I want to be positive or negative about the situation, and I quickly chose the positive route and let it go, because one messed up nail is not the end of the world, and it's not something that I need to add to my stress level.

Be happy with yourself and never regret the choices you make but learn from your mistakes and grow. Learn to love yourself and put yourself first, and never let anybody or any circumstance steal your joy. Even if you feel alone and are in your darkest hour know that God is right there with you by your side, and he has something bigger and greater in store for you.