Don't Waste Summer Products Just Because It's Fall

What happens when you finally find that perfect summer pink shade and then it becomes October and it sits in a drawer? We have a solution.

24
fashionisers.com

Summer is coming to a sad close and as people sulk around and cry about their tans fading and their horrible sleep schedules, all I can think about is how I'm going to use all my summer products in the fall and winter time. The agony of trying to wear your summer foundation in the winter while trying to not look like you're wearing an orange mask can be frusterating, or trying to wear 14 highlighters at once is acceptable in the summer but the stress of trying to do that in the winter gets us all in a tizzy. Well, the wait is over my friends because I am here to suggest and gush over some really sweet products that will make your life so much easier these upcoming chilly seasons, I guarantee it.

1. Primers

Summer is all about radiance and having that intense, possibly blinding, highlighted glow. While this look can seem natural or more acceptable in the summer, trying to wear all radiance products in the winter can be challenging when your shimmering highlight bounces off the gleaming white snow. Instead of using every product on your face that gives off intense beams of light, I love the Backlight Priming Filter from Becca Cosmetics. This gives the most perfect glow underneath foundation, even if you are a little oily and especially if you're super dry. I love using this primer just in the areas where i excessively highlight, that way a natural highlight will shine through. This is a primer that has no limits when it comes to seasons and can be worn under any type of foundation. If you're oily-prone, mix this primer in with your fave mattifying or smoothing primers to minimize the glow.

2. Foundation

Everyone has their favorite foundations from Too Faced, Kat Von D, Dior, Urban Decay, Hourglass, etc. No matter what your favorite foundation is, no matter what the coverage or consistency is, the color can not be perfect 12 months out of the year. The solution you ask? Cover FX Foundation Drops. Now, I may or may not say this about a lot of products but… Best. Product. Ever. it will adjust the color of your foundation depending if you get a lighter or darker color, it changes the coverage of your foundation, and it can also be mixed into literally everything and anything. Primers, moisturizers, BB creams, and/or oils are just the beginning of a long list of things this can be mixed with. Any product can become a foundation with these drops. You can even wear it by itself on those days where acting as a foundation chemist doesn’t seem realistic. I recommend this product every season but for those people who have a ride-or-die foundation but you just got a little too much sun this summer (or you're in denial and your tan is fading faster than you can say “Coppertone”) just use a few drops of this in a lighter color and you will have the perfect fall/winter foundation.

3. Setting Powder/Spray

Laura Mercier has been that go-to setting powder for everyone and their mother for quite some time, and for good reason. It gives a velvety smooth texture and makes any foundation and concealer look like perfection. Kat Von D’s new setting powder has become a competitor to the famous Mercier powder. KVD has created a setting powder that not only brightens any area but also has flecks of light or luminosity in it to create a more hydrated look while somehow, someway still staying matte and oil-free. In the summer time, I mainly use setting sprays. As fall and winter start to roll in, setting sprays will work even better in conjunction with a powder. It will lock your full coverage makeup in more, give you some hydration depending on the spray, and be something refreshing for that dry and chapped winter skin. I love pairing the Makeup Forever setting spray with either of these powders to give that flawless long-lasting look without feeling cakey or dry.

4. Eyeshadow

Recently I have been loving the look of wearing little to no eyeshadow, or wearing just a shimmer all over the lid. Super simple, super easy. Summer shouldn't be the only time where doing your eye makeup is super quick but also looks like you're trying. What I love about fall and winter is those more dramatic eye looks. This is beyond doable with the Giorgio Armani Eye Tints. They are the easiest to blend, layer, and swipe on the lid. They are a liquid to powder formula so they wont crease and settle weird in those pesky lines. The line has 18 colors to choose from with either a matte natural finish or a very shimmery iridescent finish. I love these because just putting on a shimmery shade all over the lid brings me to life and then later if i’m feeling dramatic (which is most of the time) I can build over top of it to create a perfect-for-fall smokey eye.

5. Lips

I am a big believer in wearing whatever lip color you want all year round. You want corals during christmas dinner? Done. You want black mattes when going to the beach on spring break? Even better. But some people don't want to be as extreme and want an easier transition into each season. So, if you do have certain colors that you love to wear but don't want to stash them away, I adore Estee Edit for coming out with lipsticks that actually adjust the tone of your fave lipstick. I know it sounds weird but they have a yellow and an almost deep black that will change your lipstick color from light to dark or dark to light, depending if you pick up the yellow or black formula. The lipsticks are more sheer so that they blend into your lipstick well and create a subtle change without looking muddy.

So, If you are so one that has recently purchased some “perfect for summer and only summer” essentials then I hope this helps! I wouldn't want perfectly good makeup to go to waste just because the sun doesn't want to stick around.