My Little Hick Town Is Too Much To Leave Behind

I don't want to leave my hometown.
7

I don't want to leave my hometown and that's completely alright. After college, I plan to move back here or at least close by, maybe in the town over. My little hick town is too much to leave behind.

I don't want to leave because I have made so many friends here. And before you say that my friends my from high school won't stick around, they are not friends that I meet in high school. These friends I have met from the local bar that I go to. These people I know I can have fun with because when I'm with them, I have the most fun. The people who I consider to be my friends here are older than me and I love that. I love that because there is too much drama with the people my age. I wish I could be home more often than I am so that I could hang out with them but because of school and work, I can't. But everyone should just wait... I'll be back in two years... at least that's my plan. And don't worry I'll still see you all like I do now. I'll keep coming back when I have the chance to do so but probably not as often anymore because I'm moving into an apartment. I going to really miss you all this summer because last summer I came home and stayed, this time I won't be staying.

I don't want to move home just because of friends. I also want to move home because it's a place I know like the back of my hand. I know all of the back roads and where certain people live. I know where to go to get the best ice cream (I don't want to leave that forever). I want to be able to go down to the little grocery store and say hi to all the people that I haven't seen in a while. I want to be able to go to the diner and the waiter will still know my order. Because after going there since I was little, I have not changed my order one bit. I know the best place to get a fish fry. I really miss eating it because again, I have school and work, and I can't always make it home for Friday fish.

This is going to sound a bit weird, but I miss the smell of manure and silage. There is just something about those two that you don't get when living on campus. I also miss going to bed with the sound of tractors and waking up to the sound of the milk truck. I'm not going to lie, it's very hard to fall asleep at night when you are at school and there are no tractors to make any noise. I miss seeing the cows and other farm animals that I have become familiar with at home. I see other cows near the school but they are not the same ones back home.

All of these reasons are why I don't want to leave my hometown. I miss the people and the food and the smells way too much. I can't wait to finally move back because, no matter what, this is my favorite place to be. My family may not be as happy when I tell them that I want to move back here but I'm sure they will support my decision. There is no place I'd rather be than back home.