No, I Don't Support The 'Men Ain't Sh*t' Trend And Here's Why

"The better person you become, the better person you will attract."

293
Unsplash

I have recently noticed a negative attitude from young women, especially women between 18-24. They are being heavily expressed towards men on social media. I know in a lot of cases, maybe a guy has done something very wrong to hurt a girl's feelings. However, I don't think that tweeting out general phrases like "men ain't sh*t" when something doesn't go as planned is a necessary reaction.

I understand that this is often used to unite young women who have faced challenging situations involving men, but it's important to think about the repercussions of this comment.

Usually, this phrase is used when a girl has been talking to a guy and then something happens that causes the talking to stop. I think the main goal of many girls who resolve to put down the whole gender in these instances is actually to find a meaningful relationship. I don't think that by making such a degrading comment about men increases the chances of finding a healthy relationship.

We, as women, need to reflect on how we portray ourselves and then see what kind of men we are attracting rather than only blaming someone else. We should be holding ourselves partially accountable.

I always remember this quote I read that stated, "The better person you become, the better person you will attract."

So, we should consider this: "Is the person you present yourself as the person people perceive you to be?"