Dear Hawk & Tom of 93.7 Greenville

Dear Hawk & Tom of 93.7 Greenville

Stop trying to control my razor.

115
Dear Hawk & Tom of 93.7 Greenville
HuffPost

On my way to work one morning, I was listening to 93.7 the Hawk & Tom Show. Apparently, only three out of four women shave their armpits and it's, according to Hawk and Tom, "disgusting." You want to know something really "disgusting?" Men who still think like you. #sorrynotsorry.

We live in a world of judgment; either you're too fat, skinny, ugly, or weird. So why is it that Hawk & Tom think it's okay to publically judge a women's (and call it disgusting) choice all because it's not their type? And BROADCAST IT ON THE RADIO?! They even went as far to say that people who like hairy armpits on a girl are "weird" and "not the kind of person you'd want to marry." Really guys? I guess if you have hairy armpits you'll never find love, so I'd move to a European country now if I were you.

I love the radio and radio hosts.

I love that they can connect with their audience on a personal level. However, when that host is being shallow or downright mean I lose a lot of respect for them. Just relay the information, say your opinion on the matter, and drop it. We don't need to know that if you were put into a room with two girls and one of them had hairy armpits, you'd chose the other girl.

Hair is natural, it's NOT disgusting.

Women who don't shave aren't doing that to find a man. In fact, quite the opposite. They do it to feel empowered and if they're comfortable with the way they look then why would anyone else's opinion matter? But it's not that much better on the male body. Do you think we like cuddling at night and getting your armpit hair in our face? No, it feels like we're suffocating but we don't say anything because you don't want to shave. Would we like you to? GOD YES!

For two people who reach out to around 3,500 people, they sure are closed-minded. If you can reach that many people shouldn't you be spreading awareness of other people and acceptance of those different from us? Not tearing other people apart, especially women.

But shout out to Hedi Aiken for defending women with that "5 o'clock shadow."

It really baffles me to think that people are disgusted by the hair on a women's armpits. Hair that is there for a reason, which is why we continue to grow it. Just because it's not your type doesn't mean that those women aren't still beautiful. Having hair under your armpits does NOT make you unlovable.

I shave, but for reasons of my own. However, I don't look at people who don't shave any differently than the women who do. I just hope that whoever was listening didn't throw their beliefs and choices to the side because of what Hawk & Tom had to say about hairy armpits.