To The People Who Keep Saying I Need To Do My Makeup

I didn't know I was living my life to please you.

745

I just want to preface this article to say that this is not "glam shaming" at all.

I love makeup and I used to wear it every day but due to health reasons, I do not anymore. To all the people who do their makeup every day, I applaud you and wish I could do the same, and to the people who don't, you are literally just as amazing as anyone who does their makeup. Everyone is amazing, no matter if they have makeup on or not.

So to go on, I don't wear makeup, and when I do, it's extremely, extremely rare. I have severe acne, and even putting on highlighter makes me break out. I've been on countless medications throughout my life to try to calm down the cystic pimples, but nothing has worked until just a few months ago. My skin, although still covered in scars from my acne, is finally clear from pimples (except for the occasional huge, deep-rooted one of course.) I do everything I can to prevent them from coming, which means eating right, drinking water, washing my face with a sulfur cleanser, and taking medications. I don't want to risk a painful breakout just for a night out and putting makeup on.

I absolutely love makeup, and it makes me upset that I can't wear it, or that I choose not to, but I have decided to choose my battles with my acne.

In high school, some girls would say I didn't have a boyfriend because "I needed to do my makeup for school." This was literally 6 years ago and yeah, it bothered me then because I was suffering with acne then too. I was basically told I wasn't getting guys attention because my pimples were showing. HAHAHAHA. It's hilarious to me now. Because now that I'm an adult, I realize that it's my face and the only person it should bother if I have makeup on or not IS ME.

Flash forward to last month at work. I've already said I don't wear makeup. One day at the end of my shift one of the other servers, who is male, came in, and told another coworker that I needed to come to work with my makeup done.

ONLY HER CONCERN.

Y'all are embarrassing yourselves.