10 Things That Won't Matter After High School

As humans, we tend to make a big deal out of things that at times we later realize wasn't even worth worrying about in the first place.

107
Instagram

Everything can seem like the end of the world when you're young, especially in high school and you feel like the world is judging you, but just remember that there is so much more to life than high school and that the only opinion that matters in this world is your own.

Once we get older, we tend to realize what really matters in life and what doesn't. Things like loyalty and integrity trump over things like vanity and being trendy. I used to obsess with what people thought of me or making sure I looked my best at all times.

Since I have graduated high school and entered into the real world, I have come to realize that I should have never stressed myself out over such minuscule things. These are 10 things that we tend to worry about when in high school that won't matter once we've graduated.

1. What clothes you wore

Just keep in mind that you should always dress for yourself and not to impress those who will be completely irrelevant to you as soon as you graduate.

2. Who liked or disliked you

If you are healthy and happy, don't let other’s opinions keep you from continuing to be your best you. Nobody else's opinion matters except your own.

3. That boy or girl who never liked you back

Chances are that you will find someone who is just as obsessed with you as you are with them and he will be 1000 times better than that silly boy or girl you had a crush on in high school.

4. Whether or not you had the newest iPhone

It might be cool in the moment to have the newest technology, but after about a year and then the entire rest of your life, no one will care nor remember who had what.

5. Whether or not you kept up with trends period

Again, it will seem cool in the moment, but the moment goes away quickly. And sometimes being a slave to trends can make you look more basic than cool. Whatever you do, do it for yourself and no to impress others.

6. How popular you were

igh school popularity means nothing in life. You can’t see how genuinely true this is until after you’ve graduated and how “popularity” doesn’t even exist unless you're an actual celebrity.

7. All of the times you failed, as long as you got back up

The best time to fail is when your young and have almost nothing to lose. Even though everything can seem like the end of the world at the time, you’ll learn from the experience and be a better person in the end.

8. If you shaved your legs every day

This mostly goes for the winter time when no one will probably see it anyways. We all grow hair, and if you don’t want to shave every day, there is no need to waste your time. And again, anyone who might say something about it will be irrelevant in the not-so-distant future.

9. Whether or not you wore makeup every day

Similar to #1 on this list, if you wear makeup, wear it for yourself and not to impress anyone else.

10. Anyone’s opinion of anything regarding your life at all

Always remember that in the future, you will be doing so much better and be so much happier than anyone who ever tried to put you down for any reason whatsoever. Never give anyone the power to make you feel less than you are when you are so much more than they will ever be.