Don't Forget To Think About The Now

Don't Forget To Think About The Now

We tend to get so caught up with the future that we forget about the now.
159

I’ve been thinking a lot about the future lately. About how the second you are born, it’s all about the future. Always setting up your present in order to prepare for your future.

We focus so much on how our life is going to be in a day, a week, a month or even years...but what about today? We make ten year plans and expect everything to smoothly. It’s good to have a plan, but know that you don't need to stick with it.

Life is all about change and you need to be able to adapt and roll with what comes along. People get caught up on plans and agendas, but that takes away from the spontaneity that life can bring.

We make plans based on what we think our future should look like and what we think is expected of us. This leads to comparison and comparison is a straight path to unhappiness.

Make sure that you don’t compare your life to another’s. Everyone’s purpose in life is different and values differ. What one values can be a complete 180 from what another values and this is important to keep in mind.

You may see someone working in a big city, wearing couture and meeting celebrities, but that may not be what you want. If it is, strive for that, but still do not compare your life to theirs. If you want to live in forest, wearing flannels and meeting bears, do it. If that is what makes you happy, you are just as successful.

Do what makes you happy because that is how success is measured. Focus on each day as it comes and make sure you are happy in that moment because that’s how you will end up being happy in the future.

Live in the now. People overlook that phrase, but it truly is the most important aspect of life. The only thing you have complete control over is the present and what you are currently doing.

If you are unsatisfied with your life, change it. You have the power to take action at the very moment you decide you want change. You can't fully love the life you live right now if all you think about is how your life will be in the future.

Remember to take advantage of each day, focus on your own values and build a life that you will find happiness in. Never try and compare your success to another’s because happiness is an incomparable trait – that is what makes it so powerful.