Don’t Forget To Feed Your Hope In This Drought

That can make or break your time in quarantine.

7

So we are on day who knows what of this quarantine and I think more and more people are starting to feel anxious about our lives and what to do now. It was fun to binge watch guilt free and lay around without a nagging conference call to get to, but now what. The reality of this situation is becoming more and more evident each day which is causing a lot more stress and anxiety not knowing how long this will go on for.

First, know you are not alone. We are all in this together even though we are not physically close. We all share the same feelings, some more than others, but nonetheless we're right there with you. It may seem like our world may never get back to the way it was and that all hope is lost for a normal year, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Things will be up and running and our lives will go back to the daily grind we so desperately missed. Our jobs will pick back up right where they left off and the busyness of calls, meetings, reports will fill up our day once again. If the stress of this quarantine is getting to you, remember to keep hope alive that our world and our lives will be restored to the way they were before all of this chaos. Now, it may look a little different for everyone, but it will be similar.

Don't fall prey to desperation. Pray to God and ask Him to bring you hope. Find spiritual readings that restore hope. The Bible has plenty to say on hope. But overall, don't lose it. Think about your life after this is all done. What would you have liked to accomplish or started? If it all ended tomorrow and you could go back to your daily routine, what would you have wanted to do in this time? It's all about perspective and when we feed our hope instead of starving it, we learn to appreciate the seasons of our lives.