For The Love Of Mission Trips

For The Love Of Mission Trips

Don't Forget About The Other 51 Weeks

6
For The Love Of Mission Trips
Natalia Parkinson

This past week I have been on a mission trip.

And I loved it. I took a trip to work with refugee children, and the organizations that help them in the Atlanta area.

But this isn't a post about that trip, but more so about how we can't just expect to take a week long mission trip and it end there. We can't spend one week in a place and forget about the other 51 weeks of the year. The Lord's work doesn't end the moment we come home, but we must continue to use what we learn to impact the lives of those around us for the other 51 weeks of the year.

We are called by God to make a difference, to impact lives, and share His word with those around us, and maybe that means taking a week long mission trip to [insert name of place here], but don't forget about all you need to be doing right in your own back yard.

Mission work has become a passion of mine, and this past week has just solidified that for me. I have always had a passion for people, but I never fully understood what God wanted me to do with that. But, after this week working with the refugees of the Atlanta area my heart has become so full, and I feel even more called to pursue work with in the internationally mission field.

Don't get discouraged if you don't fully understand what you are called to do with your life. God has a plan for you, and in his own time He will reveal to you what it is that you are called to do. Not everyone is called into the mission field, and that is okay. Each and everyone of you has a purpose. I have come to learn that, although i don't always know His plan, His plan is greater than anything I could ever come up with on my own, and I must trust His timing or me.

So, don't get discourage, but spend your time sharing his love wiht all those around you.