Don't Forget About Me

Don't Forget About Me

You may not be a part of my future, but you will always be a part of my past, and for that, I am grateful.

13
Don't Forget About Me
Julia Bauer

Hey there, I hope you're doing well. It's been awhile since we've talked, but that's ok. You are off doing amazing things in the world, and so am I. I think about you from time to time, and I wonder how your family is doing. I also wonder how you are doing, you've been through a lot, after all. You were an important part of my life, and I hope you know that. I hope you realize how much you meant to me, and that even though we aren't close anymore, I would still be there for you if you asked. And I hope that as you continue your journey, as you let new people into your life and take the next step to get where you want to go, you remember me. I know I won't forget about you, and I hope that you don't forget about me either.

You may be thinking that this article is about one person in particular, but that is not true. Many people have come and gone from my life, and this article is for them. All of them. It is not a sad piece about how I wish these people were still in my life, but rather a piece thanking them for the time they did spend with me. We may no longer be friends, but we had some fun times together, and for that I am extremely grateful that you were part of my life. We laughed together as we watched silly videos, we celebrated together as we wished our friends a happy birthday and we were sad together when something bad happened in our lives.

You let me become a part of your family, and I let you become a part of mine. I spent time with your siblings and friends, and you spent time with mine as well. We went to the movies together, watched sporting events together and even tried new foods together. You have helped me to make so many memories, and even though we might not ever make any more together, you will always be apart of the times I look back on when I'm older.

Things may not have ended easily between us, whether it was abrupt and all at once, or slowly faded out over time, but I will remember you with a smile on my face. I will remember the trips we took together and the nights we stayed out too late. I will remember singing in the car with you as we blasted the music way too loud. I will remember the dinner dates and the funny group texts, and I'll remember all of our vulnerable conversations. I'll remember all of these things that we did together, and I promise I will always remember you.

You were a huge part of my life, whether you were in it for a few years or a few months, for you helped to shape me into the person I am today. You helped me to discover what qualities I value most in a person, and you showed me that I am strong enough to get through anything. You may not be apart of my future, but you will always be apart of my past, and I am grateful for that. I won't forget about you, and I hope you don't forget about me.