Don't Bother With A Resolution

Don't Bother With a Resolution

You know you won't keep it anyway

32
Don't Bother With a Resolution

Every year I sit down at the table at Christmas for dinner and either my mom or my grandma will ask what my resolution is for the next year. And of course, I haven't thought about what I'm doing tomorrow let alone next in 2019, I know I can't be alone.

What is the point of making up a resolution on the fly that you don't even mean to keep? And, what's the point of making a resolution anyway? When was the last time you actually followed through on a resolution?

Here are some things you should do instead of making a resolution:

1. Download a mediation app

I recommend the app Headspace, they have a student discount and send reminders to take time to meditate. Seriously life changing.

2. Set reminders

Morgan Shaffer

Use the reminder app on your phone of things you want to accomplish daily, weekly, or monthly. From reminding you to do squats to calling your mom, this will keep you accountable and you'll accomplish more!

3. Create a good mood playlist

Curate a playlist that's all your own with music that can pick up your mood. Start your morning with a good mood playlist and which how your attitude changes.

4. Utilize a planner

Some people are not planner people and I get that, but even if you don't like using one, try a small one that is easy to carry with you. Being able to write down what you need to do and when will help you accomplish more.

5. Check in on your friends

When you check in on your friends you better your friendship and allow yourself to meet your social needs without having to scroll mindlessly through social media.

Doing all these things will help you more than a resolution can and are things you can continue to excel at throughout the year.