The People You Need In Your Life Won't Make You Beg For Love

The right one will know exactly what to do and when to do it.

1291

I saw a tweet recently that described every emotion I've felt over the past years. It goes something like this, "Do not teach a man, how to be your man sis. Do not ask him to show you off, do not ask him to text you, do not ask him to care about you, do not ask him to bring you random flowers, do not ask him to plan dates. The right one will know exactly what to do and when to do it."

I have experienced this myself and have heard a lot of friends go through the same thing. I really wish I would have seen this tweet a long time ago so I could have shared this with everyone, including myself. It's so important to teach young boys and girls to not beg for someone's attention. Don't beg someone to give you the time of day. Don't give into their excuses. Don't stay because you're lonely. The right guy or girl will come to sweep you off of their feet. Instead of hurting, find better. Even I have to constantly remind myself of this.

If he/she wants to buy you flowers, they will. If they wanted to go on a date, it would have been planned. If they wanted to talk to you, they would have called. If they're going to cheat, they're going to cheat. Don't wrap yourself up in the moment of your feelings being hurt. Take note of it and try to find better. No one deserves to feel like they weren't good enough for someone else's attention.

It doesn't have to apply to just relationships though. Friendships and family apply to this topic as well. Don't beg for your friends to invite you to stuff. If they're going to make plans without you, let them. The worst invite I have ever received was when people would make plans in front of me and then look at me and say "Oh you can come too if you want". Excuse me? Did I look like I was begging for an invite because I wasn't? Being invited out of pity is way worse than not being invited.

Don't beg for your parents' love. If they don't want to build a relationship, stop trying. It hurts so bad but, it's better to not have someone in your life that's toxic than to beg for that love. Someone loves you. It may not be your parent because of whatever it may be but, someone out there will be there for you.

The lesson behind this is to not beg for someone to care about you. You are worth more than that and there are so many people in this world, you just have to find who your person is. Friendships and relationships come and go, don't settle because you feel as if you're stuck. Set your standards and then strive for better. Wow yourself and let people into your life who aren't the reason you cry yourself to sleep every night.