The Internet has had Enough with Kaitlin Bennett
popular

The Internet Has Had Enough With Kaitlin Bennett, And So Have I

I think the internet has had enough of her tomfoolery.

10453
https://twitter.com/KaitMarieox?lang=en

Kaitlin Bennett, a Kent State University student has literally lit social media on fire over her very conservative views and her ideologies and frankly? I'm done.

Earlier this year, a viral photo of Kaitlin Bennett carrying an AR-15 for her graduation photos at Kent State University ignited Twitter as she decided to voice her opinions on the whole topic of the conceal/carry laws. The time she had been posting the photos and her strong opinions, was around the time the gun control debate was high in conversation in light of the recent shooting in the Parkland high school as conservatives were pushing legislation to allow people with conceal-carry licenses, to be able to carry in all 50 states.

The everlasting issue of Gun Control has been ongoing since the time of the Columbine High School shooting in April of '99; it had died for a little bit, but it was sparked back up with the 2008 Aurora theater shooting, when a person who was deemed mentally ill had gone into a theater during a premiere of a Batman movie and decided to open fire and take several lives. Shootings such as Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, and many others have claimed the lives of innocent people and the question of where do we draw the line with gun rights and who can own a gun and what are the qualifications to own a gun?

The internet has a giant influence on people and their beliefs with pressing issues such as gun control, as the internet has millions upon millions of users who are voicing their opinions about these governmental issues when the people in power won't talk about the situations and keep them hush-hush. But, sometimes the internet can have too much to say, and in the case of Kaitlin Bennett? Sometimes it's best to just keep your mouth shut.

A conservative with strong feelings about her 'right side' views and the concept of gun control, Kaitlin is known for voicing her strong, very right sided opinions on her twitter and rarely when reading the comments, do I see someone supporting her and her thoughts. I usually see people who aren't feeling her vibe and ultimately are sick of her tweeting and want her to deactivate. In her photo, Bennett says she chose to carry her assault weapon to pose a stronger symbol of being able to arm yourself. Her photo happened to take place on the same campus where fifty years prior, the Ohio National Guard opened fire on a crowd that was protesting the Vietnam War.

(photo above is taken from someone's Instagram who seems to support Kaitlin and her views, editing her picture into a Nike ad after Kaepernick's Nike campaign was released.)

She has appeared on Fox News, defending herself as people are saying she's 'proudly' displaying her white privilege. People have commented on things such as, "If a person of color were to walk around campus with a gun, the whole entire police force would come and shoot them in a second". With this photo being taken, others felt like it was a huge slap to the face and displayed being a gun advocate in a wrong way.

As of recently, Bennett has been going to rallies with her views, asking people, (typically those who are considered to be on the 'left' side), why they are the way they are, or basically trying to shove authority in people's faces. Kaitlin has ultimately come to the conclusion that people who are against the gun control laws we have now are just crybabies who think that the gun control laws we have now need reform (which I mean they do, but, I'll maybe share that later). She likes to point the finger at those who protest President Trump and basically try to bring them down and use the concept of "I carry a gun, so I can shoot at any time" as her threat. But, honestly? Just because she carries a damn gun, doesn't mean anything.

The fact that she is threatening people with her conceal-carry is childish and petty. She claims when she went to a Trump protest in Erie, the people just wanted to scream at her and hold signs in her face, while she spat offensive things and even made a fat joke towards a woman. Her, "You know I carry, right?" threat means nothing. People have been cracking jokes online about Kaitlin's petty threat; Bennett tries to defend herself, but it's done very poorly and I feel sorry for her, honestly.

Trump Protesters in Erie are Emotionally Unhingedwww.youtube.com

So my piece of advice to Miss Kaitlin? Sometimes it's best to ignore the notifications on your phone, ignore the tweets and messages you're receiving because no matter what you're going to say, everyone knows it's going to be something about a left side person being a baby or a wimp or how they can't hold themselves up. I would also advise you to please educate yourself on the concept of feminism before you start connecting feminism to gun rights; you're just making yourself look bad. I add this point with Kaitlin connecting gun rights to women's rights because as someone who is going to school with a minor in Women's and Gender Studies, I feel that Kaitlin has the whole concept of feminism all wrong.

Feminism is technically defined as "A belief that men and women are inherent of equal worth." Yes, the initial concept of feminism was protesting for women's rights, how it was advocacy for the rights of women. So the idea of Kaitlin trying to incorporate 'women's rights' into gun rights is almost misleading? She says that feminists (which I'm assuming she's just pointing to females), are against arming women to maintain the idea that women are victims. She has it all wrong, and I just want people to be more educated on topics before they speak on them. So Kaitlin? Lock the phone, shut the computer, and continue on with your day.

www.twitter.com/kaitmarieox/status/105256805668012...

We get it, you love the second amendment and love this negative limelight you're in, and we get that you carry. We really get it. Please, shut up. Please, stop talking. I don't ever get annoyed this much by people but with her? She's a big no from me.