Technology Through Time

Technology Through Time

Technology is everywhere, in our homes, schools and now our pockets. I'll be diving in on how technology can affect and influence the next generation of children and how they'll grow up.

13
Technology Through Time
Photo by freestocks on Unsplash

Seeing that our world is growing in technological advances every year, what will this look like for the next generation of kids? I believe that as technology advances, more and more everyday things will be shifting to online functioning.

The times we are in now are amazing, for the most part at least. In the technology department especially. With new advances every day whether it be medicine or business, technology is always changing.

Think about it, how many times have you pushed away from the update for windows 10? Or maybe the new software update on your phone. It is small things like these that will change the tech for the next generation.

One main point to take note of is the influence of technology and the transition from in-class education to full-time online courses. Yes, there are online classes now, however not every student enjoys an online class.

One benefit of online classes is that a student can essentially work from home. This is the case for some employees depending on their occupation.

Regarding that, not every person has access to technology, there will still be internet cafes or similar areas where those can go to get access to the tech they require. This can be implemented by the education field, elementary all the way to college.

Though I would suggest that children should go through kindergarten to their sophomore year in high school. While having online class is nice, social interaction is essential for humans and without it, everyone would be by themselves and that isn't right.

As mentioned above, students should go to class in person up until their sophomore year in high school. I make this suggestion since they are still learning the process of adulting and online classes are a big responsibility to handle.

Whether or not this happens, I can see schooling be moved to an online environment for future students, high school and college. While this may benefit the student in some ways, it affects the school districts as that if a student isn't coming to school in person but rather online, the school's in-person attendance will shrink, which could have an effect on teacher employment.

In the next decade, I can also see everyday activities will no longer be needed. A great example of this is grocery shopping. If you wanted to, you could order your groceries online and have someone deliver them to your home.

This can be helpful for the elderly or for those who cannot drive. Now for those that can go in person but don't want to wait in line, you can order online too.

Technology can also be applied to how we travel. While we already have airplanes-which are amazing-we almost have self-driving cars. This could be a huge boom in the car industry, if and only if the car can truly drive itself without more than a press of a button.

This way someone could drive a long road trip and not have to touch a single pedal. The vehicle would have to have a "mind" of its own if we're being clear. A car with a brain is what the next decade holds for us.

Space travel is a touchy subject in today's news. I don't have much knowledge on this subject but it is safe to say that I believe we will land on Mars within the next ten years. It would be even cooler if we as a planet discovered a way to colonize Mars. Space laws are a whole new concept, though they've been around since 1967. It is time to revisit them and see what will happen.

While I may not know the advances in the future, I can only sit back and watch them be discovered. Seeing the change is what has helped millions of people, can also hurt millions as well. However technology is viewed in your life, that view may change, or maybe it won't. As of right now, the generation of kids growing up with these advances are the ones who will help make it better for the ones ahead of us.

For now, I will be sticking with my laptop and phone for the time being while they are still handheld.