It's My Passion, Not Yours.

It's My Passion, Not Yours.

You don't have to like it.

21
It's My Passion, Not Yours.
https://pixabay.com/photos/shoes-feet-selfie-passion-people-1246691/

Passion. A noun meaning an intense desire or enthusiasm for something. A noun meaning a state or outburst of strong emotion. Passion. A noun that does not mean, an intense desire for something that someone else told me to like. A noun that does not mean a strong emotion towards something that is currently popular and trending or deemed acceptable by others.

Passion is putting more into something than is actually necessary due to the fact that you just really want to. Passion is more than enthusiasm; passion is ambition. Passion is goal setting. Passion is putting in the extra hour of work or choosing one thing over and over. Passion is love. And what I love, my passions, do not have to be the same as you.

You may not be able to understand how I am so passionate about a sport, organization, dog breed, food, etc., but that's okay because it's my passion, not yours. You may not think it's even possible to truly have passion about something that I do, but that's okay because you don't have to. You may think that it's dumb, weird, or just plain crazy that I am passionate about the things that I am, but that's okay because maybe I am.

You don't have to agree with me when I choose academics over sports. You don't have to understand how I prioritize my life. The thing that you must be able to understand is that you cannot put me down for my passions, for they are my own.

Verbalizing your disagreement with my choices is not something that I want to hear. "Well, I don't get why you would like doing that." "Well if I were you, I would choose this over that." "Well I just don't see why you put so much work into those things; they don't even matter that much." "Well, you're just a try-hard." "You should put more of your effort into this. That's more worth your time."

The truth is, what's worth my time and effort, is what I decide is worth my time and effort. What you view as your passions, as real work or worth it, are yours. I will not ever drop or alter my passions based upon other people's views and ideas of what a true passion and love for something are.

My life, my passions, are what make me, me. I love the life I am living. I live the life that I choose. My passions are unique to me, just like yours are to you. I do what I love, and I do it with intense desire, enthusiasm, and emotion. I suggest you do the same. Live your passions, unapologetically.