Last Minute Articles 101

Last Minute Articles 101

You know you want to write like me, talk like me, be like me. Jk, but seriously here's my six step guide to writing last minute articles.

12
Last Minute Articles 101
Personal Photo

Not going to lie, I'm a procrastinator-- it's a bad trait I have, but I always get it done. I stink at thinking of article topics and Wednesday will come around and yet again crawl to figure out a new topic to write about. #StruggleBus, AmIRite??

Usually I end up going with those basic articles that you see everywhere, like A Letter To My Ex Best Friend or To My Younger Self. I feel like it's always hard for me to think of a good article verses a bad one. And usually Wednesday night comes around and I'm walking a fine line of having a good article that I try too hard for or a bad article that shows not trying at all. Yikes. Although if you're wanting to know my unique ways of last minute articles, buckle up, sit back and relax because you're in for a treat.

Step One: Always turn in last weeks assignment last minute.

Unsplash // Icons8 Team

You need to keep the last minute cycle going. If you don't it throws off your next week. It's also an added plus that you get that last minute stress to finish it and you can produce so pretty cool work and feel more accomplished.

Step Two: Take a nice 144 hours off, AKA 6 whole days off.

Unsplash // Jeremy Bishop

Do you know how rewarding it is to take six days off?? SUPER rewarding and you don't have to worry about an article until the next Wednesday.

Step Three: Avoidance!!

Unsplash // Shane

Five days go by, okay good. You've wasted time, but not enough! You still have 24 hours left you waste and you need to waste them away!! Find a good wormhole to get stuck in and waste that time, baby. Get on YouTube and start watching a video on how to bake a cake. Before you know it, you'll be watching how kangaroos are made/born.

Step Four: Panic.

Unsplash // Markus Spiske

Yikes here we are, just right before the deadline. You know NOW is the time to face it. To face the reality that your mini six day vacation from writing is over and you have to force yourself to think of another topic. Grab a nice cold drink and some taffy taffy and buckle up. No need to cry, its time to jot down ideas ASAP!! Now is too late to write some extravagant and in-depth article, that requires too much research and time you DO NOT HAVE! This is the perfect time to write a simple and sweet article that barely above the Buzzfeed line.

Step Five: TYPE TYPE TYPE !!!

Unsplash // Burst

Literally just type. Type like your life is on the line!!

Step Six: Upload And Celebrate!

Unsplash // Amy Shamblen

You did it! Now it's time to celebrate and take another mini six day vacation.

I absolutely love writing for the odyssey and this wasn't a last minute article or anything, wink wink.