Don't Let This Semester's Grades Get To You

The year 2020 has got to be one of the hardest years many of us college students have ever had to endure, and that is not including the difficulty and stress of virtual learning. Many of us grew up being taught material in person, being able to connect with our instructors and classmates. Having those bonds with friends made classes that much easier to bear and even caused some to get excited when thinking of going to school. Missing out on that can no doubt make finding motivation to learn that much harder to come by.

I think it is important for all of us to understand the factors we have gone through this year will inevitably catch up with us in one way or another and we won't always be able to pull through in perfect condition. With online classes and different learning environments caused from living at home can lead to distractions and difficulty in paying attention. Different responsibilities have been put on us and money situations may have gotten harder to deal with.

Here are some factors that were bound to make our years harder due to COVID:

~Full time jobs

~Babysitting siblings

~Testing positive for COVID

~Taking care of someone else

~A loss in family or friends

~No WiFi

~Different timezones

~Lack of money for class supplies

There are hundreds of things that came out of moving home and online classes and we should not have been expected to keep 4.0s. Our brains did not prepare to learn through screens with an extreme lack of human connection. We were bound to make mistakes and not comprehend something in a way we might have before. As another semester comes to an end our final grades will soon be released, but don't take it to heart.

Remember, you did your absolute best with the given circumstances!