An Open Letter To My New College Friends

You've already made my college experience way better than I ever expected.

25
https://unsplash.com/photos/tXiMrX3Gc-g

I just wanted to start by saying thank you. I didn't expect to come into college and immediately click with people, especially in the middle of a pandemic. But, I'm so glad that I met you, and I am already so thankful for this friendship that we have, that I pray lasts forever.

I appreciate the fact that you accepted me for who I am and that you are 100% real with me ALL of the time. We have broken down so many barriers and gotten to know each other on so many levels so quickly; I didn't think anyone could get so close to someone that fast.

Thank you so much for the real, genuine conversation. The late-night talks that turn into mushy crying sessions but end up with us laughing our asses off in the middle of the night. Laughing so hard we lose our breath or get a noise complaint, sometimes both :)

I love our impromptu hangouts that typically end in getting food or going thrifting. The late-night ice cream or McDonald's runs and wandering around campus at an hour that we ALL should be sleeping. The sleepovers that end up with us up until daylight and brushing our teeth with our fingers and cuddling REAL close because we don't want to go back to our rooms.

I love sneaking around the dorm during "quiet hours", even though those don't really exist for us. And the freeing feeling of blaring music with the windows down as we fly down the highway on our way to only God knows where. And most definitely the sharing of new music and the replaying of songs that will most definitely be a staple of our college years.

Thank you for not letting me do dumb things alone and always supporting me in paying for the other half of the delivery pizza because after all, we're broke college kids. And thank you so much for dragging my ass to the gym some days and to bed some nights because we all know I need that extra push sometimes.

Thank you for pushing me to get through my classes, but also helping me manage my stress by realizing that I don't always have to be so hard on myself. Thank you for helping me find my purpose. Thank you for making me feel so loved, understood, and welcomed. I appreciate you beyond words.

I can't believe I've only known you for three weeks. I cannot wait to experience the rest of these four years with you. You are such a light in my life.