Here’s Why You Should Always Read The Book BEFORE You Watch The Movie

Books will always be better than movie adaptations.

2

Last month, I finally finished the entire Harry Potter series (yes, I know I'm a bit late). I then decided that I would watch all of the movies again.

I had seen the movies long ago when they were in theaters, and they were fun to watch but didn't have much of an impact as it had on others.

As I've been watching the movies now after reading all the movies, I'm so amazed that I was able to understand the films without having read the books back then.

The movies, though they are super long, left out a lot of details that the books covered in great detail. It was disappointing because as I read the books, I had imagined the movies to look or portray a scene in a certain way.

Having gone through this experience, I've realized how important it is to read the book before you watch the movie adaptation.

You may get disappointed when the film doesn't meet your expectations, but the book makes the film more enjoyable because you're able to remember certain details that can help you understand the film adaptation more.

In addition, the author is usually not the one to direct the movie. This means that the author's original intention could conflict with the director's portrayal of the book.

A movie can only be so long, but a book can go on for a very long time. Without a doubt, certain details and scenes will be left out.

Therefore, it is important to read the book first in order to get a full picture of the book's message.