Whether you ride in an Uber or a Lyft, you are getting into a stranger's car.
Even if you've been in 1,000+ Uber rides accident-free, keep these seven things in mind.
1. Check the app every 10 minutes to make sure that you’re going the right way.
2. Check the driver’s ratings, and change the ride if the rating is uncomfortably low.
3. Roll down your windows to ensure that you’ll always have an escape.
4. Do not fall asleep in the car, especially if you’re dead tired.
5. Make sure to check the license, car, and driver before you get in the car.
6. If you’re meeting with friends, share your trip status with them to let them follow your trip through the app.
7. Try to use Uber pool because there’s usually safety in numbers.
Always remain wary of Uber or Lyft rides.