Everyone Should Try Being Vegan

Everyone Should Try Being Vegan

As a former vegan, I experienced many benefits from it and suggest everyone give it a shot at least once.

Everyone Should Try Being Vegan
https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1566101100664-fcc3df216301?ixlib=rb-1.2.1&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&auto=format&fit=crop&w=1500&q=80

It isn't a secret that being vegan has some sort of a weird stereotype attached to it. People think veganism makes you a hippy or makes you seem pretentious. I'm sure there are some vegan hippies and there are definitely a lot of pretentious vegans as well, but I think everyone should put those stereotypes aside and try veganism at least once in their life.

Around a year ago I became vegan. I was vegan for six months and I really loved it. The only reason I started eating dairy and meat again was because I was traveling abroad and wanted to make sure I would be able to try all the cultural delicacies. I haven't gone back to being a vegan, but I plan on maybe trying it again in the future. There are so many benefits!

I always hear, "Oh, I could never be vegan, it's too hard and you're so limited". This is a huge misconception. Transitioning into veganism is a challenge at first, yes, but after a few weeks, it becomes a lifestyle rather than a limitation. People also say how difficult it is to consume all the protein and vitamins you need when you're vegan. NOT TRUE! There are plenty of supplements that will nourish your body just the same. Plus, there is more protein in beans than there are in most animal meat. There are so many tasty substitutes for the foods you love, especially in this day in age. There is even an awesome vegan menu at Taco Bell! Also, veganism is much better for the environment. Your carbon footprint decreases significantly when you don't eat animal products.

When I was vegan I saw several benefits. My skin had never been more clear. Dairy is really harsh on the skin, so cutting it out of your diet makes acne and blemishes clear up. I lost weight because those foods that made me heavier were not allowed in my diet. When you're literally not allowed to eat cheeseburgers all the time, your body changes. I also noticed that I had so much more energy. I wasn't tired all of the time because my body was powered by vegetables and fruits instead of greasy fatty foods. I even smelled better!

Veganism isn't for everyone. I was extremely skeptical at first, but I am so thankful that I tried it. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the results. The best part is that it's 2020 and restaurants internationally are becoming much more vegan-friendly. It's so easy to eat yummy vegan meals in this generation. Whether it be for ethical reasons or health reasons, I suggest everyone give being vegan a chance. Trust me, your body will thank you and so will the planet.