The Holiday Decorations You Need For Your Dorm

Finals season might not be very festive, but that doesn’t mean your dorm room can’t be!

1703
Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

I know that many college students are tight on cash right now, so here are just a few cost-friendly ways to decorate your room this holiday season.

1. Lights

bokeh photography of person holding green string light Photo by Max Bender on Unsplash

Fairy lights, Christmas tree lights, bar lights- use them all! The ambiance of your dorm room will instantly change once you have them plugged in. You can wrap them around your bed frame, hang them from the ceiling, or attach them to the walls depending on the vibe you want. And don’t be afraid to experiment with different shapes and colors!

2. Paper Snowflakes

christmas snow GIF by Philippa Rice Giphy

These can be a great way to spice up your dorm room for the holidays, especially if you live in an area where snow is not common. Get together with your roommate(s) and create a winter wonderland that could rival Buddy the Elf’s decorations. Just make sure not to leave the little scraps of paper all over the floor afterward!

3. A Small Tree

If you are missing out on decorating your Christmas tree at home with your family, this is the perfect opportunity just to get your own! Sure, it’s not a “real” tree, but being able to decorate a tree is certainly a fun part of the holiday season, no matter how small it might be. Just make sure you don’t forget to buy a tree topper!

4. Matching Advent Calendars

Whatever you're into- makeup, chocolate, jewelry- there's an advent calendar for that. Why not treat yourself this Christmas with matching advent calendars for you and your roommate(s)? Nothing is more fun than waking up to a surprise gift every day.

If you like this article, consider checking out my other ones!