Why Doing Nothing Over Summer Is Great

Why Doing Nothing Over Summer Is Great

629
Why Doing Nothing Over Summer Is Great
bobkaylor.com

As summer vacation comes close to an end, some of you may just now be realizing that your summer consisted of binge watching season after season of shows on Netflix and watching other people post about their great summers on Instagram. It may be bringing you down, or thinking that you need to plan a last minute trip, but, like all things, it is best to look at the positives. It can actually be a good thing to have done nothing all summer, and I’ll tell you why.

1. You relaxed all summer, so now it is time to hit the books.

There may have been a point these past few weeks where you actually started to miss school. Now that your mind is fully rested, you’ll be ready to start off the semester determined to study hard.

2. Your bank account is probably looking great.

With festival season coming to an end as well, people who traveled and went to those events most likely ended up spending a huge chunk of their savings. Here you are, sitting at home without fear of checking what your accounts look like.

3. You found out who your real friends are

If you did stay home and knew people who stayed home as well, then it’s your real friends who got a hold of you and actually wanted to spend time with you. Everyone says “we need to hangout this summer!” Yet they never do. Even if it was people who just texted you to see how you were doing, remember the people who reached out to you; you’re going to want to keep them around.

4. Staying home made you realize how bad you ate while you were away.

I was a freshman, and I was rejoicing in adulthood: eating ice cream for breakfast and chips for dinner. If you were anything like me, you may know how great it is to come back home to a kitchen to make some real meals and remind yourself that there’s more to life than junk food.

5. All that time alone, you probably learned something about yourself

Spending time home alone gives one plenty of time to indulge in the things you like, and discover new favorites. Who knows, maybe there was something you thought you liked, but all along you were just fooling yourself. Whether it be picking up a new hobby or changing your hairstyle, all of that free time allowed you to explore your horizons. Not to mention, more time to just be yourself!

Nowadays it seems that people have forgotten that staying home can be just as fulfilling, if not more, than going away somewhere. As these next last weeks of summer pass by, remember that it doesn't matter if you had that crazy road trip, or went to that three day long festival, all that counts is that you got the opportunity to unwind, spend time away from the books, and refuel for the next semester.