40 Reasons Everyone Needs A Best Friend That Has 4 Paws And A Wagging Tail

Everyone needs a dog. Period end of story.

2259

A dog is a man's best friend. But do you know why? Here are 40 ways in which dogs have blessed our lives.

1. They will welcome you with excitement every single time they see you.

Brody

Human: Cary Porter

Gone for a few days? Excitement. Gone for a few hours? Excitement. Coming back from the bathroom? Excitement. Don't believe me? Get a dog.

2. They will always show you unconditional love.

Shadow

Human: Lauren Oaster

No matter the day, your pup will always give you 110% of their love.

3. They are great listeners.

Blue

Human: Danielle Pritchard-Laval

And they won't tell a soul what you said, either!

4. You will always have company.

Gus and Eddie

Human: Krissy Szafran

When I said always, I meant always. Company includes: laying in bed, on the couch, in the bathroom, in your bedroom, in your kitchen etc.

5. They are American Heart Association (AHA) approved!

Raine

Human: Jaimie Palandro

A dog a day keeps the doctor away!

The AHA found that those who have dogs have lower blood pressure compared to nonowners. Who knew?

6. They are loyal and they are great companions.

Jackson

Human: Gina Shields

According to research, being loyal is in a dogs blood!

"Many dog trainers and other animal experts believe...pack mentality...causes dogs to be loyal to their humans. They think pooches view people as just another member of the pack. So dogs don't just love a good cuddle — they also think loyalty will keep them alive".

7. They are always the first in line to cheer you up and be there on your worst days.

Brody (again)

Humans: Hannah Porter and Guy Porter

Dogs can pick up on our behaviors and react. They are always the first on the scene.

8. Food never goes to waste

Youngman

Human: Beverly Rossino

Yes, they'll eat that, if you let them.

9. You have a workout partner.

Maxx

Human: Lizzy Friedman

No one loves a run more than your pup! Better yet, they will push you (or tug you) to keep going!

10. They encourage and motivate us.

Roanoke

Human: Maddie Callaghan

They motivate us to get out of bed and get on with our day with barks and kisses. They are always there to keep us going!

11. They make us laugh, constantly.

Todd

Human: Abigail Keck

How many funny faces, funny sleeping positions, funny falls, or funny playtime habits have you seen? There is not a day that goes by where they don't make us laugh!

12.  They bring excitement into the household, meaning there is never a dull moment.

Lucky

Human: Shelby Worcester

There may be a mess to clean up afterwords, but it was definitely a story to tell.

13. They can help detect illnesses

Sage

Human: Alyssa Wolfe

Dogs have been seen to detect seizures, cancer, narcolepsy, and low blood sugar, just to name a few.

14. You have a designated sleeping partner/nap buddy/cuddler.

Sookie

Human: Lexi Rastelli

Why do we need other humans, again?

15. They will always try to protect you, no matter how small.

Bella

Humans: Andrew Rivera and Theresa Pearce

I have personally seen tiny doggos protecting their humans like they weigh 150lbs.

16. They make children smile and actually aid their development. Who doesn't want that?

Luna

Human: Taylor Cline

Dogs can help children develop skills that are necessary for growth!

17. You can determine who is a serial killer.

Mac

Human: Tara Doll

"I don't like dogs" -Serial killer.

18. You probably don't need a boyfriend when you have a dog.

Sergeant

Human: Erin Rose

All you need is kisses, cuddles, and companionship.

19. They keep spots warm.

Benny

Human: Margaret Anne Hussey

They may take yours, but that is okay because they are just so gosh darn cute.

20. You can spoil them.

Buddy

Nicole Dominique

Like a grandmom spoiling her grandchild, you can spoil your pet with matching clothes, fun treats, and lots of toys!

21. You have an excuse to not leave the house.

Masey Mae

Human: Taylor Houston

You can tell friends "I think my dog is sick" and they will probably understand completely and let you off the hook. Dogs will get you out of those social human interactions no one wants.

22. You meet new people.

Elsa

Human: Kelly Lee

When your dog goes to sniff another dogs butt, both you and the other dog's human have to talk to each other...right?

23. They teach us responsibility.

Callie

Human: Kendal Wisniewski

Not everything is perfect. Dogs come with some work. But I promise, it is so worth it!

24. They decrease stress.

Xena

Human: Jake Ryan

It is scientifically proven that dogs decrease stress! This is one of the reasons hospitals have pet therapy (for both the patients and the staff).

25. They make life worth living.

Charlie

Human: Samantha Wylesol

Life is just better with a dog.

26. You can dress them up and they *usually* put up with it.

Yeti

Human: Patricia Thomas

Look how happy he looks!

27. They can help children from developing allergies

Jager

Human: Danielle Burger

How awesome is this? A study done by UW Department of Pediatrics showed that infants that were exposed to dogs were less likely to develop allergic diseases like wheezing, eczema, rhinitis, and other allergic reactions.

28. If you start freaking out, they start freaking out. You will always have someone to celebrate with!

Bits

Human: Alexis Roberts

Always down to party!

29. You can participate in exchanging dog pics.

Clemson

Human: Madyson Thompson

You have to admit, seeing other people's dogs and sharing your own is the best feeling ever.

30. You are always moving.

Lacie

Human: Lisa Rommel

You will always be moving. Like running out of the house because your dog saw a squirrel, or running because he has your shoe, or moving because your dog is in your spot and you don't want to move her.

31. They make us better people.

Fiona

Human: Sue Carey

One study found that dogs made their owners "noticeably more patient (54%), responsible (52%) and affectionate (47%)".

32. They are always up for an adventure.

Buck (left) and Bud (right)

Human: Julia Smith

It can be a ride in the car, a long walk in the park, or a weekend hiking trip, they are ALWAYS ready for an adventure.

33. They help you get through work.

Jäger

Paul Jesiolowski

"I like this picture because this is how he keeps me company pretty much every day I work from home." -Paul J.

34. They come in all shapes and sizes, so its impossible NOT to find one to fall in love with!

Tucker

Human: Ali Korabik

Just look through these pictures! All of them are unique. You will find your perfect match!

35. They give the best kisses.

Mr. Bean

Human: A.J. Wylesol

They are always looking to give kisses!

36. They can help people with disabilities.

Molly

Caitlyn Kwiatkowski

Dogs help the blind, deaf, those with anxiety and depression, and so much more!

37. You will always have a photo to post on Instagram.

Lucy and Lucy

Human: Brandon Balderman

Who doesn't want to see cute pups all over their instagram timeline?

38. If you have one dog, getting another will give them another playmate!

Kane (left) and Raider (right)

Human: Julia Smith

The more the merrier!

39. They can be a great Ice-breaker.

Junior

Nicole Dominique

"Do you have any pets?"

"I do, actually! Hold on, let me show you a picture!"

Bam. This is an instant ice breaker.

40. You have a best friend.

Coal

Human: Robert Keck

You will always have someone by your side, and on your side.