A dog is a man's best friend. But do you know why? Here are 40 ways in which dogs have blessed our lives.
1. They will welcome you with excitement every single time they see you.
Human: Cary Porter
Gone for a few days? Excitement. Gone for a few hours? Excitement. Coming back from the bathroom? Excitement. Don't believe me? Get a dog.
2. They will always show you unconditional love.
Human: Lauren Oaster
No matter the day, your pup will always give you 110% of their love.
3. They are great listeners.
Human: Danielle Pritchard-Laval
And they won't tell a soul what you said, either!
4. You will always have company.
Gus and Eddie
Human: Krissy Szafran
When I said always, I meant always. Company includes: laying in bed, on the couch, in the bathroom, in your bedroom, in your kitchen etc.
5. They are American Heart Association (AHA) approved!
Human: Jaimie Palandro
A dog a day keeps the doctor away!
The AHA found that those who have dogs have lower blood pressure compared to nonowners. Who knew?
6. They are loyal and they are great companions.
Human: Gina Shields
According to research, being loyal is in a dogs blood!
"Many dog trainers and other animal experts believe...pack mentality...causes dogs to be loyal to their humans. They think pooches view people as just another member of the pack. So dogs don't just love a good cuddle — they also think loyalty will keep them alive".
7. They are always the first in line to cheer you up and be there on your worst days.
Humans: Hannah Porter and Guy Porter
Dogs can pick up on our behaviors and react. They are always the first on the scene.
8. Food never goes to waste
Human: Beverly Rossino
Yes, they'll eat that, if you let them.
9. You have a workout partner.
Human: Lizzy Friedman
No one loves a run more than your pup! Better yet, they will push you (or tug you) to keep going!
10. They encourage and motivate us.
Human: Maddie Callaghan
They motivate us to get out of bed and get on with our day with barks and kisses. They are always there to keep us going!
11. They make us laugh, constantly.
Human: Abigail Keck
How many funny faces, funny sleeping positions, funny falls, or funny playtime habits have you seen? There is not a day that goes by where they don't make us laugh!
12. They bring excitement into the household, meaning there is never a dull moment.
Human: Shelby Worcester
There may be a mess to clean up afterwords, but it was definitely a story to tell.
13. They can help detect illnesses
Human: Alyssa Wolfe
14. You have a designated sleeping partner/nap buddy/cuddler.
Human: Lexi Rastelli
Why do we need other humans, again?
15. They will always try to protect you, no matter how small.
Humans: Andrew Rivera and Theresa Pearce
I have personally seen tiny doggos protecting their humans like they weigh 150lbs.
16. They make children smile and actually aid their development. Who doesn't want that?
Human: Taylor Cline
Dogs can help children develop skills that are necessary for growth!
17. You can determine who is a serial killer.
Human: Tara Doll
"I don't like dogs" -Serial killer.
18. You probably don't need a boyfriend when you have a dog.
Human: Erin Rose
All you need is kisses, cuddles, and companionship.
19. They keep spots warm.
Human: Margaret Anne Hussey
They may take yours, but that is okay because they are just so gosh darn cute.
20. You can spoil them.
Like a grandmom spoiling her grandchild, you can spoil your pet with matching clothes, fun treats, and lots of toys!
21. You have an excuse to not leave the house.
Human: Taylor Houston
You can tell friends "I think my dog is sick" and they will probably understand completely and let you off the hook. Dogs will get you out of those social human interactions no one wants.
22. You meet new people.
Human: Kelly Lee
When your dog goes to sniff another dogs butt, both you and the other dog's human have to talk to each other...right?
23. They teach us responsibility.
Human: Kendal Wisniewski
Not everything is perfect. Dogs come with some work. But I promise, it is so worth it!
24. They decrease stress.
Human: Jake Ryan
It is scientifically proven that dogs decrease stress! This is one of the reasons hospitals have pet therapy (for both the patients and the staff).
25. They make life worth living.
Human: Samantha Wylesol
Life is just better with a dog.
26. You can dress them up and they *usually* put up with it.
Human: Patricia Thomas
Look how happy he looks!
27. They can help children from developing allergies
Human: Danielle Burger
How awesome is this? A study done by UW Department of Pediatrics showed that infants that were exposed to dogs were less likely to develop allergic diseases like wheezing, eczema, rhinitis, and other allergic reactions.
28. If you start freaking out, they start freaking out. You will always have someone to celebrate with!
Human: Alexis Roberts
Always down to party!
29. You can participate in exchanging dog pics.
Human: Madyson Thompson
You have to admit, seeing other people's dogs and sharing your own is the best feeling ever.
30. You are always moving.
Human: Lisa Rommel
You will always be moving. Like running out of the house because your dog saw a squirrel, or running because he has your shoe, or moving because your dog is in your spot and you don't want to move her.
31. They make us better people.
Human: Sue Carey
One study found that dogs made their owners "noticeably more patient (54%), responsible (52%) and affectionate (47%)".
32. They are always up for an adventure.
Buck (left) and Bud (right)
Human: Julia Smith
It can be a ride in the car, a long walk in the park, or a weekend hiking trip, they are ALWAYS ready for an adventure.
33. They help you get through work.
"I like this picture because this is how he keeps me company pretty much every day I work from home." -Paul J.
34. They come in all shapes and sizes, so its impossible NOT to find one to fall in love with!
Human: Ali Korabik
Just look through these pictures! All of them are unique. You will find your perfect match!
35. They give the best kisses.
Human: A.J. Wylesol
They are always looking to give kisses!
36. They can help people with disabilities.
Dogs help the blind, deaf, those with anxiety and depression, and so much more!
37. You will always have a photo to post on Instagram.
Lucy and Lucy
Human: Brandon Balderman
Who doesn't want to see cute pups all over their instagram timeline?
38. If you have one dog, getting another will give them another playmate!
Kane (left) and Raider (right)
Human: Julia Smith
The more the merrier!
39. They can be a great Ice-breaker.
"Do you have any pets?"
"I do, actually! Hold on, let me show you a picture!"
Bam. This is an instant ice breaker.
40. You have a best friend.
Human: Robert Keck
You will always have someone by your side, and on your side.