12 Reasons Dogs Are WAY Better Than Humans

Because this is apparently even a question.

68

Do I genuinely believe dogs can be better than humans? No question. Is this also me using an opportunity to share some of my (way too many) photos of my favorite dogs? Hell yeah.

1. They'll always protect you.

Shani Goloskov

A dog will be one of your fiercest protectors. Then again, their idea of protection sometimes includes barking at things like squirrels and plants. Or your grandparents.

2. Two words: DOG SNUGGLES

Shani Goloskov

So my dog isn't really a snuggler, but my boyfriend's dog is a big snuggly boy. Dogs can be the cuddliest creatures ever. Snuggling with a dog is so calming and will cue insta-happy mode.

3. Dogs don’t make you feel guilty for eating unhealthy food

Shani Goloskov

They'll just stare you down until you give them some.

4. Dogs don’t judge you when you dance around the house

Shani Goloskov

I'm 99% sure I've gotten some judgemental looks from my dog when I do this, but we'll interpret those as "I'm a dog and don't know what's going on" rather than judgmental. However, she is certainly a queen of side-eye.

5. They’re always down for a good time

Shani Goloskov

You give the slightest indication of something exciting, like a small gasp, and they get all hyped up. It's freaking hilarious.

6. Doggo reactions are the purest thing.

Shani Goloskov

There's something so innocent and sweet about watching a dog's reaction to something. There's nothing behind it but the simple emotional reaction, because their brains don't work like ours do. This is how my dog looks when she's about to get a treat or go outside: pure, wide-eyed excitement.

7. They give the best greetings

Shani Goloskov

Getting kisses, dog hugs and fur the second you walk through the door? Even when you've only been gone for five minutes? Now that's love. My dog is also a little goofball who likes to put one paw over your arm so you'll stay there and pet her.

8. They can help you get in shape

Shani Goloskov

Did someone say walk???

9. Dogs can be so smart

My dog has figured out that the Keurig going on, me grabbing certain mugs from the cabinet, and the stirring of my sugar spoon all are signs she's about to go outside.

10. Their curiosity is adorable

Shani Goloskov

Okay so sometimes this can get problematic. But ultimately, it's cute. Dogs always want to know what's going on and what something new is.

11. They fall asleep in the funniest places and/or positions

Shani Goloskov

My boyfriend's dog loves curling up in the bathroom. If he's not out in the living room at night, he's probably on the bathroom floor, belly up and dead to the world. And mine...mine once almost fell asleep with a ball in her mouth!

12. Dogs love you unconditionally

Shani Goloskov