Dogs Are Truly Man's Best Friend.

Dogs Are Truly Man's Best Friend.

Everybody needs a furry companion... Try to change my mind.

5
Dogs Are Truly Man's Best Friend.

If you've ever raised a dog since they were a puppy, then you're probably familiar with dogs picking up on human emotions. They know when you're sad, stressed, excited, sick, and anything else you could be feeling. They feel it with you. They are the biggest supporters emotionally for whatever you need. Whether it be to go on a run and relieve stress, or curl up in bed and watch movies all day, a dog is there to do it all with you. I, for example, have had my dog for almost 4 years now and he always knows when I am feeling down because he will walk over to me wagging his tail, look up at me, give me some puppy kisses, and then sit right there next to me for me to love on him. He is truly the best support system I could ever need.

Dogs are also the most loyal companions. Anywhere you go, your dog is right there following. They listen to you, they comfort you, they hardly disobey you, and they have your best interest at heart. Ever wonder why dogs get as excited as they do when you return from being gone somewhere? It's because time moves faster in a dog's world than it does for us humans, so when we leave for an hour, to them it feels so much longer than that. They also have no idea when you are returning, which breaks hearts I know, but when they hear or see you pull into the driveway, they know you came back to them and did not abandon them. Imagine a person getting that excited to see you every time you leave and return... It just wouldn't be the same.

They are also protective of their leader. My dog, for instance, always has his face towards the door or window of wherever I am to be the first to know if I need to be protected. If I raise my voice, he barks. Dogs want people to know that this is their person and that they will have to go through them first which would be nearly impossible. People say dogs have the best intuition and are the best judge of character. If your dog does not like someone and barks frequently at people you are with a lot, then they may not be good people and your dog is just looking out for you.

They have your best interest at heart. Whatever you need, a dog is there for you. Now, the controversy is over a cat being man's best friend but in my opinion, cats are good for emotional support and to comfort and keep you company. Their intuition is to be keen on any new person and not necessarily act as a protector. Dogs have the ability to be a companion, a workout partner, a cuddle buddy, a friend, a protector, and so much more.

"Get a dog," they said. "It'll be fun," they said. It will be fun. Everyone needs to have a furry friend in their life.