Grieving a pet

The Things I'd Do For Another Second With You

My furry bestfriend

9199

From the second your paws first hit the ground I smiled at you and in return you gave me one back, knowing you'd stepped into your forever home. Months went by and I watched proudly as you grew, bigger and then even bigger. We had spent so many seconds, minutes, and hours together. We were like two siblings the way we argued and played.

You were my favorite thing to come home to after school. I loved having a puppy as well behaved as you were. I started growing up, driving; that made you happy because it meant we could explore new places. Walks upon walks, I loved seeing how happy it made you.

As I had aged, matured and lived; you were as well. Only I hadn't really noticed how much, until the old age signs were too much to not notice. I had before been annoyed with your constant barking, with your slowness. It was selfish of me as I look back on the actions I made. Some time along the way I must have forgotten your time clock was significantly smaller than mine and wrongfully assumed I'd have you forever. Time came to a sudden stop the day I realized it was our last. You even made sure to catch all the tears I let fall by your side. Little strength left and you were still taking care of me. You were absolutely one in a million in a world full of copies of you.

When you crossed the bridge into hopefully a nylabone filled heaven you took a piece of me with you. I would do whatever I humanly could to be burdened by you a thousand times again. Your hair still in my backseat, your tongue marks still on my windows, your walk route still engraved into my mind, and your bark still ringing through my head. Your heart crossed with mine.