Which Dog Breed You Should Get Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Which Dog Breed You Should Adopt Based On Your Zodiac Sign

Dogs and astrology—what more could you want?

1900

Each zodiac sign comes with certain traits. In the same way, each dog breed comes with certain traits. Read ahead to find out which dog breed you're most like/should adopt based on when you were born!

Aries (March 21 - April 19): German Shepherd

German Shepherds are used as police dogs thanks to their strength and courage. Aries people tend to have a direct and fearless face, which is one of the characteristics of a German Shepherd's appearance. Oh, and German Shepherds tend to have an over-confident disposition.

Taurus (April 20 - May 20): Basset Hound

Basset Hounds tend to be very laid-back dogs. Taurus people are usually pretty practical and slow to act. Basset Hounds are classic hunting dogs, and since Taurus people like the outdoors, this is a perfect match.

Gemini (May 21 - June 20): Jack Russel Terrier

Gemini people are good arguers and are witty, while the Jack Russell Terrier likes to bark. Geminis and Jack Russells have high energy levels that are a match made in heaven.

Cancer (June 21 - July 22): Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is the CUDDLIEST of dog breeds. Cancer people are sensitive and loving, making them the ideal cuddle-buddy for a Spaniel.

Leo (July 23 - August 22): Australian Shepherd

Australian Shepherds have one very important personality trait: They CRAVE attention. Leos are known for their need to be the center of attention, but they're much more than that! Leos (and Aussies) are loyal and highly intelligent.

Virgo (August 23 - September 22): Weimaraner

Weimaraners are a dog like no other. Similarly, Virgo people are like no others. Both of them tend to be shy around strangers, but are still loyal once a relationship. Weimaraners are headstrong and intelligent dogs, which makes them a perfect companion for the sharp-witted Virgo.

Libra (September 23 - October 22): Golden Retriever

A Golden Retriever is the quintessential dog: They're intelligent, good with children, and kind to strangers. Golden Retrievers are great dogs for obedience training, as they follow rules well. Libra people are VERY rule-oriented, interested in justice, and fascinated with fairness.

Scorpio (October 23 - November 21): Dachshund

Scorpio people and dachshunds are both very aesthetically pleasing. Dachshunds are very determined little dogs that are clever and mischievous. Scorpios are also clever, which tends to help with their mischief-making. These two are the perfect playful pair!

Sagittarius (November 22 - December 21): Husky

Huskies are the dog world's natural escape artists! Because of this, it's safe to assume that they're a pretty freedom-loving breed. Sagittarius people are the zodiac's free-spirits. Huskies are the perfect dog for a Sagittarius to go on adventures with!

Capricorn (December 22 - January 19): Pit Bull

Capricorn people have a very tough exterior and a bad reputation, just like a pit bull. Instead of being as mean as they look, they both have a very patient and mature nature.

Aquarius (January 20 - February 18): Shiba Inu

Shiba Inus are CUTE. But they tend to be pretty aloof. This means that they're not constantly looking for attention from their human companion. Emotionally, Aquarius people tend to be pretty aloof, too. Plus, the quirky Aquarius would probably love to own a dog that looks so much like a fox!

Pisces (February 19 - March 20): Chihuahua

Pisces are pretty similar to Chihuahuas in that they're both really cute, but they can get into trouble by being so vocal. They're both very affectionate, as a general rule, and they're also pretty sensitive. They're both easily misunderstood, but they should be pretty good at understanding one another!