9 Dog Abuse Issues We Don't Think About

9 Dog Abuse Issues We Don't Think About

Animal welfare is an issue that needs to be considered.

14
9 Dog Abuse Issues We Don't Think About
newevolutiondesigns.com

A majority of people obsess over dogs. I probably see about 10 memes about loving dogs every day and I can name five people that will off the top of my head that will cry at the sight of a dog. That's perfectly fine dogs are great. We should be mindful, though, of some of the extreme abuses dogs experience.:

1. Shelters kill dogs.

The dog shelters will put down dogs that have been there for too long.

2. Clipped ears

Some species of dogs have their ears clipped. It's a tradition that stems from dog fights because their ears would be ripped off in the fights but it's only done for aesthetics now.

3. Clipped tails

Other dog species have their tails clipped short because hunting dogs would return from hunts with mauled tails.

4. Ripped tongues

This may not be common but some dogs have had their tongues ripped out.

5. Dry Cement/tar

Dogs that live on the streets will go into areas that are warm to sleep and get stuck because there was tar or wet cement and they cement dried or the tar stuck to them. The dogs were med immobile.

6. Homelessness

Dogs are kicked out of their homes by unloving families and forced to live on the streets.

7. Training abuse

Some trainers will have dogs perform tricks and behave by hitting them. There are some techniques that are controlled and light hits to startle the dogs but some people take it too far and severely injure them

8. Dog's fur color

Black dogs are disliked by the general public due to superstitions. These dogs are the least likely to be adopted and are abused in homes or die in shelters because of this general dislike.

9. Dog's age

Dogs of older ages are hard to get adopted because they are "not as cute" as a puppy and they stay in the shelters. These dogs are also abused when adopted because they are harder to train.

There are so many people that just ignore these problems or are unaware of these issues. It's important to be aware of the abuses dogs face if we want to continue to love them and add them to our families. Animal welfare is an issue that needs to be considered.