Does Your Anger Control You

Does Your Anger Control You?

How do you cope with your anger?

224
www.pexels.com

If you know me, you know I am loud and crazy when it comes to my family and friends. It sometimes takes people a while to realize my humor as well as realize when I am really upset.

I am a person who seems to be quick to anger in all aspects of my life. I have always been a very abrasive person. When faced with arguments with friends or family, I don't really take the time to see the other person's point of view.

When I am met with a disagreement, my only response is offense, and in the past, it has driven people away. In most cases, being the way I am usually deters people from ever attempting to be my friend.

I feel like I am missing out of a lot of really great friendships because of the way I am.

I never really pinpointed the exact reason for my anger issues, but I am trying to figure it out. I chock it up to always wanting to be right, always wanting to be in charge, and fear of losing people. I find fear of losing people ironic because my hot head is what causes it in the first place.

Often times I wonder how it is to fix my anger problem. Do I just shut my mouth and let whatever is happening, happen? I figure that, if I shut my mouth, it does not really fix how I feel.

Should I be direct but calm with the person or thing I am having issues with? To me, this seems like the best scenario because at least I get the issue resolved in a productive way.

How do you cope with your anger problems? Do you let it control you, or are you trying to control it?