Do people walk into your life for a reason?
Health Wellness

Do People Walk Into Your Life For A Reason?

If it happens more than once, is it a lesson or a "blessin"?

343

Most of the time I find myself asking the question, do certain people walk into your life for a reason? It seems only natural as a college teenager that I ponder the meaning of certain occurrences that go on in my life and try to find a reason for any of my misfortunes. I usually find myself trying to make sense of the greater purpose that people I have come across hold if they hold any at all. I don't think that looking for a greater purpose to things is necessarily bad, but sometimes I must take a step back and figure whether this "greater meaning" actually holds some type of significance.

I think the hardest thing in life is trying to figure out if a person is worth spending time on. Whether it is a business relationship, friendship, or romantic partner. As a person that strongly believes in signs and messages from the universe, I really want to try and figure out if people that keep reoccurring in my life are doing so because the universe wants me to pay attention to their company because they are going to teach me something (lesson) or because I need to make sure that they hold a valuable role in my life (blessin').

Of course, there is no telling when I will ever get the answer to this question, though I think that it is important to show that there is a difference between these two things. It is increasingly hard when people constantly enter your life when you are not clear of what their intentions are being there in the first place.

I have come across people that continuously keep finding their way back into my life, but I don't know if it is because they are meant to do so or if I am just letting them try and prove to myself that they hold a place in my life because I want them to. You should always surround yourself with people that make you happy, but you shouldn't mistake their constant presence as some sort of reason to believe that they are supposed to be there, they could also be there just to teach you a lesson.

I think that the hardest part of all of this for me is learning that at some point you must stop putting in effort for other people. Do you ever want something so bad that you would do anything and everything to achieve it? I think that sometimes I do that for people that I really want in my life. I always try to find loopholes to see them or create situations where they just so happen to pop up in my life and mistake it for some type of coincidence. I need to stop trying so hard for people to be a "blessin," I think that it would do wonders for myself if I just let people come and go as they please, therefore for the ones that actually stick around I will know that they are meant to be there.