I Do Not Want To Grow Up

I Do Not Want To Grow Up

My thoughts on the second semester of my Junior Year starting.

4
I Do Not Want To Grow Up
https://www.theodysseyonline.com

As winter break winds down, all I can think about is how fast the break went and how I wish I had some more time off. Then the dread sets in when I start thinking about all of the classwork that will inevitably come. I just keep reminding myself that it is spring semester, I just need to make it through these next couple of months then it will be summer again. But, this time as I think about the coming semester, some new thoughts are crossing my mind.

I am about to enter my second semester of my junior year and I am beginning to realize that my time at college is quickly dwindling right before my eyes. I have three semesters in total left and after this one, I will be a senior! It is crazy to think about how quickly college has gone by and when I think about the little amount of time I have left, I have never felt more like an adult. The idea of internships and thinking about what full time job I have one day fills my mind and the uncertainty can make me worried at times. But quite frankly, I do not want to grow up just yet!

School has never been my “cup of tea.” I enjoyed some classes and subjects, but I have always enjoyed working more, no matter what the job was. It is mostly the work outside of class that has made me think so negatively towards school. That is why I have always looked toward the future of having a full time job that I hopefully love. But as I think of the reality of the, “real world,” and being a, “real person,” I think I am going to change my attitude and enjoy these last semesters at school.

College is a time for us to begin to discover ourselves, meet new people, and have the most fun in our lives! This is the time for us to make some crazy memories that one day we can tell our “grandkids about.” We all know that college is supposed to be where we mature and learn to be an adult, but it is also our last chance to act like a kid and be a little immature. It is the last time that we can even have long breaks off for months at a time, and college may be the last time you can design your schedule for each day. There are so many positive aspects of college and it is best to try and focus on that rather than directly associating it with having to go to classes!

So as the second semester of my Junior year begins, I want to do my best to take full advantage. Sure it is certainly hard at times, but this is also the time to learn from our mistakes. I would rather burn my dinners and dye my whites pink in college rather than when I am a “real person,” one day! I also want to take the time to make some of the most remarkable memories in college so I can always look back and think of them, rather than how stressed I was about classes. College is an important chapter in every students life and I am not ready for my chapter to end just yet!